Do You Use The Same Character Name In Different RPG Systems - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Do You Use The Same Character Name In Different RPG Systems

Do You Use The Same Character Name In Different RPG Systems

Hello everybody. I have a question to ask for everyone. Do you use the same character name in different RPG systems? (As in more than one RPG system) For example I use the name Homer Simspons in D&D games, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Vampires, (ust for the record I only use Homer Simpson in D&D games, that was just an example.

i have a list of a dozen or so "cool names" that I'll use if nothing suggests itself.

I frequently recycle names, although they're often associated with certain archetypes once they get to see action. Names are difficult...

I have a few go to names if I cant think of anything setting specific that I like.

I usually try to find new names, but I've recently recycled character concepts with several GMs, and the characters still bear the same names... it can get confusing .

oh, and I do keep themed names regardless of system my Dwarves will have Norse/Germanic names, whatever the system or world (unless the DM requires otherwise, of course)

Generally no. I like to be creative and make new nAmes that fit characters for certain games but yeah, nAmes can be tough. I never use names of real life people or a character like Homer Simpson, he stands alone!
With that said, I’ve had several characters here on MW that I REALLY like but unfortunately their games ended so I’ll reconfigure the character again for another game if he/she fits the setting. No need reinventing the wheel constantly

Generally no. As I am creating a character, part of making that character unique and bringing it to life is giving it a unique name. Otherwise, I am just playing the same character from another game. If the name is the same, I tend to play the character with the same personality, take similar advances.

Now, sometimes I will do that. If I am playing a new system and want to see how a specific character would be built and grow in that system.