Who are your favourite Game Masters on Myth-Weavers? - Page 6 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Who are your favourite Game Masters on Myth-Weavers?

I really, reeeeeeeeally don't think the point or idea of this thread is something coming away from it thinking "I suck". That, I would argue, is the complete opposite point of this whole thing. I'm sorry you feel that way, Cyber, but I assure you that it is unintentional, as Root pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
I really, reeeeeeeeally don't think the point or idea of this thread is something coming away from it thinking "I suck". That, I would argue, is the complete opposite point of this whole thing. I'm sorry you feel that way, Cyber, but I assure you that it is unintentional, as Root pointed out.
It's more that after 40+ games run on here, you think I would have made an impression on SOMEBODY. But apparently not.

No one said you didn't make an impression except for you, Cyber. There are 15,000+ users on this site and so far roughly 45 of them have commented on this thread. You're making this about you when it really isn't and taking offense where none is meant.

@TheRoot Very well said. There are a lot of people who play in games on the site and never really post in the general discussion threads like this one. The true measure of worth for a GM comes from the players who engage regularly in his/her game, contributing positively for the betterment of the group and the game, and maintains that level of appreciation and commitment throughout. If anything, a thread like this could be useful for those not already in such a game to see how some other, well-recieved games can be run.

You can be a good DM and not be someone's favorite. That should not make you feel unworthy to DM. The OP seems interested in learning new techniques.

The goal is to find excellent DM's to learn from. I'm glad that lots of people feel appreciated from their players commending them, but this thread wasn't intended as an excuse for flattery. The opposite is true as well - those who aren't mentioned directly - it isn't a slight against them. If you want feedback from your players - ask them. I'm sure they'll tell you better than anyone else if you're doing well as a game master or not.