Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones - Page 10 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
Very exciting Mordae. So when is the ad gonna be up?
It's on like Donkey Kong, yo. Showing here.

And ODnD pulls into a tie for third most advertised system. Not bad for a dead game, eh?

I am applying with a cleric. Looking very forward to this one Mordae!

I'm an old school player.

AD&D, books are Players handbook (orange horned thing on the cover, I believe), DM Guide, Monster Manual, and Deities and Demigods.

Don't have any books after that, and don't know anything about clones.

If there are any adventures, I'm interested. (I'm trying to learn the 3.5e rules from this site, I don't want to buy the books, but from what I've seen, I like the simplicity of AD&D better.)

PMs are fine!

Tefarek you are on the list.

Yeah Sam this has been a very cool so far. hope it gets some more games going.

Greeting old gamers!

I wish I had know about this thread before today. It would have saved me from having to constantly look for new 2e games on the main ad thread.

I am a player that has made the transformation 2e all the way to 4e. That is what my table top group has done anyways. Now that we are firmly entrenched in 4e I find myself hating it. Talk about a way to completely kill a rp game. I know some say "it is a combat system but you can role play just the same". Well, I find that to be complete bs. 4e SUCKS in my opinion. I have completely lost my desire to play it. I miss the wizard being a glass cannon. I miss the cleric that can be offensive, defensive or even passive if they want. Ah, I could go on and on so I will stop ranting.

I just want to put myself out there for any games needing new blood. Though I don't have a ton of posts on the site (only in one 2e game...The Imperials), I do have 8,000 posts on a different rp site. I can give reference to my writing if needed.

God bless 2e gamers!

ACM

Started playing 1st edition in 1979. Yeah, I'm old too.

Good to see other ancients who still haven't lost their inner geek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscivilmike View Post
Greeting old gamers!

I wish I had know about this thread before today. It would have saved me from having to constantly look for new 2e games on the main ad thread.

I am a player that has made the transformation 2e all the way to 4e. That is what my table top group has done anyways. Now that we are firmly entrenched in 4e I find myself hating it. Talk about a way to completely kill a rp game. I know some say "it is a combat system but you can role play just the same". Well, I find that to be complete bs. 4e SUCKS in my opinion. I have completely lost my desire to play it. I miss the wizard being a glass cannon. I miss the cleric that can be offensive, defensive or even passive if they want. Ah, I could go on and on so I will stop ranting.

I just want to put myself out there for any games needing new blood. Though I don't have a ton of posts on the site (only in one 2e game...The Imperials), I do have 8,000 posts on a different rp site. I can give reference to my writing if needed.

God bless 2e gamers!

ACM
I can vouch for ACM's writing ability I have played in several games with him and find him to be an outstanding Gamer. anybody would be blessed to have him in a game.