New Divine Domain: Travel Domain - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

New Divine Domain: Travel Domain

New Divine Domain: Travel Domain

Please critique this for mechanical balance!

Travel Domain

The travel domain focuses on auspicious journeys, new beginnings, and satisfying endings. Gods of travel promote boldness, adventure, and discovery. Among the human gods, Thranton the Lord of Lightning is often prayed to by travelers wishing for a successful journey. The halfling god Bunga Proudfoot is also considered to watch over travelers.

Table: Travel Domain Spells
Cleric Level Spells
1st Comprehend Languages, Longstrider
3rd Tiny Hut, Water Walk
5th Legend Lore, Pass Wall
7th Plane Shift, Teleport
9th Foresight, Gate

Bonus Proficiency
When you choose this domain at 1st level, you gain proficiency with land and water vehicles.

The Road Goes Ever On
At 1st level, your speed increases by 10 feet. Whenever you cast a cleric spell that isn't a cantrip on an ally, that ally's speed increases by 10 feet until the end of your next turn.

Channel Divinity: Travel Quickly
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to facilitate quick travel. As an action, designate a creature you can see within 30 feet of you; you can also designate yourself. That creature can immediately teleport to an unoccupied space within 30 feet of itself that it can see. When it arrives in its new space, it gets advantage on one attack it makes before the end of its next turn.

Go Away
At 6th level, you can cast the spell banishment as an action without components and without using a spell slot. You may not cast banishment again until you complete a long rest.

Rest Awhile
At 8th level, as an action you can stop all traveling in your presence. For the next minute, you radiate a "no-travel zone" within 30 feet of you. Any creature of your choice that enters the no-travel zone or starts its turn there must succeed on a Charisma saving throw or its speed becomes 0, and it can’t benefit from any bonus to its speed. It can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on a success. Once a creature saves against this effect, it can't be affected again by this use of Rest Awhile. You can't use Rest Awhile again until you have completed a short or long rest.

Supreme Traveler
Starting at 17th level, your speed can never be reduced by magical means and you are immune to forced movement caused by magic. You can expend one use of Channel Divinity to grant this feature to an ally of your choice for the next minute.

Also at 17th level, when you would be afflicted with the grappled, paralyzed, prone, or stunned conditions, as a reaction, you can expend a use of Channel Divinity to end the condition.

3 things I'd like to ask about please.

1. Banishment is a 4th level spell, yet you're allowing its casting before someone would normally have access to it. Is this intended?

2. For The Road Goes Ever On, is there a reason why the caster cannot target themselves?

3. For Rest Awhile, why is this a Charisma check and not Wisdom or Constitution?

Just 3 little thoughts. Otherwise, I like this domain. I could see this being very useful.

Great questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
3 things I'd like to ask about please.

1. Banishment is a 4th level spell, yet you're allowing its casting before someone would normally have access to it. Is this intended?
Yes! It allows casting it one level before. I figured that makes this an attractive feature.

Quote:
2. For The Road Goes Ever On, is there a reason why the caster cannot target themselves?
Yes, there is. They automatically get the permanent 10 foot speed increase, and I think an additional 10 feet would be broken.

Quote:
3. For Rest Awhile, why is this a Charisma check and not Wisdom or Constitution?
That was just a whim really. I sort of envision it as personality vs personality. And I like the idea of spreading out saves in the game.

Quote:
Just 3 little thoughts. Otherwise, I like this domain. I could see this being very useful.
Thank you and thanks for commenting!

Looks pretty interesting and seems fairly balanced. I am sure someone will find an exploit, like a cantrip and BA spell giving +20 speed but probably not the end of the world.

Found an exploit sorta, Round 1 haste, round 2 Cantrip and BA spell, takes speed from 30 to 60 round 1 and round 2 100ft or up to 300ft if using actions for moving. Again movement does not do damage so not the end of the but it is pretty speedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoEvrIwant2b View Post
Looks pretty interesting and seems fairly balanced. I am sure someone will find an exploit, like a cantrip and BA spell giving +20 speed but probably not the end of the world.

Found an exploit sorta, Round 1 haste, round 2 Cantrip and BA spell, takes speed from 30 to 60 round 1 and round 2 100ft or up to 300ft if using actions for moving. Again movement does not do damage so not the end of the but it is pretty speedy.
Hey, good call! So how about this simple addition to close the loophole?

At 1st level, your speed increases by 10 feet. Whenever you cast a spell on an ally, that ally's speed increases by 10 feet until the end of your next turn; if that ally's speed has already been increased by any effect, including this one, this effect cannot increase its speed further.

It didn't keep my last comment for some reason, considering it takes 3 actions, 3 spells and concentration I don't think it is that broken to be able to run 20% faster than Usian Bolt.

If you want just require that it is a non-cantrip spell or limit it to cleric cantrips to keep out any weird multiclass shenanigans.

Also good points. Yeah, non-cantrips is a good idea. Thanks.