Anime / Manga - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann is pretty good, until the middle then it sort of tumbles down hill for the rest of the series falling into the mediocre of cookiecutter animes

You should be able to watch the entirety of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Funimation's channel.

Well since we're all talking about anime, anyone want to make me a recommendation? I haven't been watching much at all. Have gotten real tired of the shounen stuff. I love action, but i'd like some surprises. I've been looking for some really good cyberpunk to watch, and someone recommended Armitage. Really pretty OVA, but the dialogue was too cheesy for me, should have seen that when I was a wee lad. Anyone have any ideas?

You might wanna consider "Those who hunt Elves" which is an old anime, around the time of Tenchi Muyo same art style if I'm correct and it's pretty good, the english dub is humorous not "Ghost Stories" funny but eh...

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is my absolutely favorite anime, and back then I would fight people who badmouthed FLCL, but this series is awesome it's great! To be honest I haven't finished the second series and didn't even know there was a third so I'll have to get into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
I'm not entirely sure he'd like Gurren Lagann. It gets a little... Evangalion-ish sometimes. Especially toward the end.
Gurren Lagann is more overcome your problems with vast amounts of manliness and force of will.

Evangelion ended like a horror movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima22689 View Post
Well since we're all talking about anime, anyone want to make me a recommendation? I haven't been watching much at all. Have gotten real tired of the shounen stuff. I love action, but i'd like some surprises. I've been looking for some really good cyberpunk to watch, and someone recommended Armitage. Really pretty OVA, but the dialogue was too cheesy for me, should have seen that when I was a wee lad. Anyone have any ideas?
Ghost in the SHell is the the archetype cyberpunk series...um...Bubble Gum Crisis, and getting your hands on some of the Appleseed movies wouldn't hurt. GOTS is very political but that's how I like my...anything, politics make things interesting....besides American Politics, then it just gets sad.

Oh Digimon Season 3: Digimon Tamers is cyberpunkish, but it's the best of the series, very dark and more mature than the rest and that's what makes it good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
Ghost in the SHell is the the archetype cyberpunk series...um...Bubble Gum Crisis, and getting your hands on some of the Appleseed movies wouldn't hurt. GOTS is very political but that's how I like my...anything, politics make things interesting....besides American Politics, then it just gets sad.
Ha, yeah, Ghost in the Shell is my top favorite anime, and Bubble Gum Crisis is pretty good, although I didn't finish the original series, I may go back and do that. I remember watching Appleseed when I was younger, it really turned me off for some reason, i'm older now, i'll check it out again.

EDIT: I used to watch Digimon...ages ago, I tried again not that long ago, couldn't do it.

to each his own, though now that I think about it, there aren't that many cyberpunk themed anime out there, I mean .hack//sign maybe but it's on a different wavelength.

Ultima - try Ergo Proxy. Though I have to admit I need to finish watching it.

Melverne - Crunchyroll has some nice titles. I think you can get a two week trial free. I also get 48 hour passes every month (I subscribe a year at a time) so I usually have one or more to hand out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima22689 View Post
Hmmm I'm watching an ongoing anime right now called Psycho-Pass that just came out this season. It starts out a little slow, but it's sort of cyberpunk-ish.

If you want something different, I'll suggest Steins;Gate (Time Travel/Psychological) as one of my favorites. Also starts a little slow, but ramps up like crazy after a few episodes.