US Local politics and policy thread. - Page 5 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

US Local politics and policy thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural19 View Post
You mean all the things we've been arguing are facial typos and you agree with me?

Haha you wish .

Well, Milwaukee is having problems...

Growing protests against officer involved shootings need to be done in an orderly, disciplined fashion with a clear message, otherwise we'll just get continual escalation, and I'm honestly not sure who can escalate higher.

Only if the general populace outside the affected area sympathizes and actively allies with those inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
Only if the general populace outside the affected area sympathizes and actively allies with those inside.
Haven't you heard? More whites get shot by cops than anyone.

Of course they do. Beside the point though. My point was, this is currently a local problem, but the authorities have the ability to call up external forces such as the National Guard, and the locals alone aren't going to be enough to counter that. Only if the unrest spreads outside the immediate area and becomes general does the populace truly outnumber the authorities. The problem is, most people who do not have an immediate personal stake in the issue see reports of rioting and all that goes with it and loose sympathy for the local population. Only if the outsiders become unhappy with the authorities to the point of confronting them as well do we see the type of mass movement that out escalate the government.

Milwakee riots are still going on.

Strange that the media hasn't given them as much coverage as Ferguson and the like.

Hmm, I wonder why that could be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytebio View Post
Milwakee riots are still going on.

Strange that the media hasn't given them as much coverage as Ferguson and the like.

Hmm, I wonder why that could be...
You mean the liberal media. Fox News has been having a field day, especially since Sheriff Clarke works in Milwaukee.

Well the sister of the shot guy called for people to burn down the suburbs, and CNN selectively edited it to make her look like she was calling for peace.