Historical Timeline - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Historical Timeline

Historical Timeline

I am working on making a timeline if events from a few years before the American revolution (or colonization) to now. Important parts are what, when, why, and what was the end result.

I found a few spots to put this, but think this would be the most interesting place.

What I have on quick notes.

Events of Us revalution
The US revalution
Forming of government constitution
Federalist papers
Beginning of party spirit

Creation of steam vehicles: bus vs train.
When steam technology moved to USA.

Fractional reserve banking (greenbacks)
Creation of device to make picking cotton cheaper
Trains taking over us transportation
Abraham Lincoln making office
The event used to start the war
Abraham Lincoln making address to free slaves

Judicial courts mistake of starting corporations, over law suit of trains.
Snake oil salesmen descuvers oil.
Prohibition passed

Black rights
Woman's rights

WWI over economics, find more on why
WWII over debt/blame, find more on Japans reasons.

Each major war and assatination that can be found with a posable why and result.

What exactly are you looking for? This section of the site is generally for discussion and debate, and I'm unclear as to what you're looking to get out of this thread.

AA, if it's for debate, then I'm in the wrong section. I'll likely need to move it to game discussion then as it's for the beginning of a game I'm working on.

Just to make sure I move it to the right place: I'm guessing you want game planning, rather than gaming discussion?

If he is lookin for a real world timeline he's probably better off with Google. I note he is asking questions about a number of events which factually did not happen, or are referring a heavily biased source if they did.
For example, corporations predated the United States and were not started by the supreme court.

Not quite what you're thinking of, but I read a lot of historical non-fiction and started keeping a historical timeline of my onw. The vast majority is medieval and ancient world stuff, but I have a few post colonialism things through the 1950s.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ZVESOtOqPM/pub

Game planning sounds like the best place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroak View Post
If he is lookin for a real world timeline he's probably better off with Google. I note he is asking questions about a number of events which factually did not happen, or are referring a heavily biased source if they did.
For example, corporations predated the United States and were not started by the supreme court.
True, corporations likely started before 'Columbus sailed the ocean blue'. It was definitely a reason for the american revalution though and didn't exist in America (which was quickly becoming a major power) until the railroads kept finding reasons to go to federal court untill a, likely mistake, ruling caused corporations to be make able in the US. Before then US law allowed the states to end any such organization as it saw fit, and they often did (for one moral rights reason or another).

I really appreciate the link Habsin4, but Google does not like me. I don't suppose it would be to harsh to ask for a copy from 1750 to 1950 that you have in there, I can return the favor by helping it build some more. I hear the 70's was a fun time to learn about.

Maybe after the compilation I'll bringing this back to see if anyone wants to debate any part of how everything is related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMChapmanii View Post
Game planning sounds like the best place.
Done.