Is the U.S. justice system racist? - Page 22 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Is the U.S. justice system racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBarbarian View Post
I wasn't acting like you were misquoting me, I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBarbarian View Post
Actually my claim was about hate crimes.
Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastForgot View Post
Here.
Yes, racial tension inspired murders = racially inspired hate crimes. That was my point. It's just a different way of saying the same thing.

A rose by any other name is just as thorny.

You, sir, are debating disingenuously and your behavior borders on gaslighting. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but would you cut it out please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condensed Discourse
You: Less than 1% of crimes are due to racial tension.
Me: Provide a source and argument r.e. crimes due to racial tension.
You: [post is edited] Actually my claim is about hate crimes.
Me: See here where you said racial tension?
You: Well, the post and edits were close together.
Me: I get that. But then don't act like I'm misquoting you.
You: Not sure where you're getting that from. Where did I act like you were misquoting me?
Me: Right here.
You: That's my point those two things are the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastForgot View Post
You, sir, are debating disingenuously and your behavior borders on gaslighting. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but would you cut it out please?
I just don't think you understand what I'm saying. Racial tension inspired murders = racially inspired hate crimes, which is what I originally meant with my statement. You keep thinking these two things are separate ideas when I never intended them to be.

When I said that I was actually talking about the hate crimes, that's because I meant that racial intension inspired murders are hate crimes. They're the same thing. They're not two separate things.

I'll try and make this as clear as possible. This is the quote where things seem to have diverged "Actually my claim was about hate crimes.

But Let's try and not squibble over semantics. I was paraphrasing"- my point here is that racial tension inspired murders are the same as hate crimes, not that you were misquoting me. My original point was about hate crimes, rather you realized that by my wording or not. Why would I be talking about semantics if I thought you were misquoting me?

-------
Anyways back to my original point, there's not that many murders or crimes or generally bad thing happening all that time due to racists. So if they were such a widespread problem, why don't we see the results of it? My point is that society, by and large, is not for the most part racist.

Aaaaand I've had enough of people arguing past each other or blatantly ignoring commonly-held definitions or clear evidence. Thread is closed.