Way of the Wicked LIVE!!!

Old Apr 28 '19, 4:12am
DM

Mentioned: 608 Post(s)
Way of the Wicked LIVE!!!

Live Way of the Wicked - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Play

When: Starting Saturday June 1st, 2019 and every other Saturday after that.
Time: 6pm - 9pm (CST)

Way of the Wicked LIVE Recruitment

Guilty. You are a lawbreaker – the worst of the worst. Too dangerous to live amongst the good people of Talingarde, they dragged you in chains before a magistrate and condemned you. They sent you to the worst prison in the land and there they forever marked you. They held you down and branded you with a runic F. You are forsaken. You won’t be at Branderscar Prison for long. Branderscar is only a holding pen. In three days – justice comes. In three days – everything ends.

What a pity. If only there was a way out of this stinking rat-hole. If only there was a way to escape. If only...

No. No one has ever escaped from Branderscar Prison. This is where your story ends.

...Or is it?

The Basics
Rules System: D&D 5e
Theme: You are villains trying to exact vengeance against a nation that cast you out, guided by a Dark Overseer, serving the great Asmodeus.
Recruitment Ends: See below, keep reading.

You are evil and have been convicted of a crime. Yes, you were actually guilty of that crime and more. One last opportunity comes along before you are to be beheaded, or burned at the stake or hung as it may be. This goody-goody culture around you sure has several ways to kill off people they don't like.

The characters begin with nothing. They have no money, no weapons or armor, no gear, no animal companions, no familiars, NOTHING of any sort and no material possessions besides tattered, dirty prison clothes. Equipment will be acquired in game.

Bards begin without their instruments which means they have no spell focus or components.
Clerics begin having chosen all their spells for the day. They do not have their holy symbol (focus) or any material components however.
Druids also begin having chosen all their spells for the day. They do not, however, have their mistletoe (focus) or any spell components.
Wizards do not have their spell books, material components, familiars or bonded objects. They do however begin with a full selection of memorized spells from before their incarceration.
.... ok you should get the picture, if your chosen class is not listed above. You have nothing.

Minimum Requirements
* Be able to play on a bi-weekly (every other Saturday) basis, starting June 1st, 2019
* Be able to play during the times of 6pm - 9pm (US Central Standard Time)
* Be able to play via Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop.
(No software purchase needed, I have an ultimate GM License so I got you covered.)
* Be able to play using voice chat on my discord server.

If haven't scared you off yet then keep reading...

A letter from your GM
Have you ever wanted to play an evil character? Have you perhaps played an evil character, only to have your every move thwarted by the good-aligned heroes in your party? Or perhaps did you play an evil character in a party full of evil characters, only to have everyone kill everyone else by level 3?

If you answered yes to these questions, then perhaps this is the right game for you!

Way of the Wicked is an extremely well written adventure path that will take you from level 1 to level 20 over the course of six books.

This adventure path is unique in that you will be playing in a group of evil-aligned characters, bent on gaining revenge against the goody two-shoes empire that tried to have you executed. It is even more unique in that you will be creating and managing evil organizations (as in minions!), defending evil rites, infiltrating temples of good, and battling celestial beings. You know all those good aligned outsiders you never really get a chance to fight against? This is your opportunity to smite them down and bathe in their blood!

In this Player’s Guide you will find information on the empire you will be toppling, the world it is placed in, organizations within it, as well as rules and instructions for creating villains. There are some variant options presented, as well as different options and potential house rules discussed that we will all discuss once the time comes.

There are also some new house rules as well as new feat chains and the link in the Library Folder for this game.

For now, familiarize yourself with the setting and the guide and start thinking about what kind of villain you would like to be playing.

The application process will be done in 3 phases.
In Phase 1 (Hey we are already here!), you will come up with an idea for a villainous character, fill out a questionnaire, and make decisions on what variants (outline in the player's guide).
Phase 2 will see the variants and house rules finalized and you will finish a 10 minute (misnomer) background and fill out another questionnaire for your character.
Phase 3 will see you actually roleplaying your character (probably the crime they committed, being arrested, condemned, etc), so that both you and I can get a feel for your character.
Character sheet creation will not occur until the final 6 or 7 people have been chosen. Feel free to waste your time if you like, but I'm not telling you how ability scores are generated, (oh wait the players guide tells you how, oh well) or other vital pieces of information for creating sheets.

The deadlines for applications will be:

Friday, May 24th, 2019 at midnight (CST)

Applications to the Game

Available Books: All WotC Hardcovers (PHB, Sword Coast, Volo's, etc.). NO UA. (Don't Ask) No Flying Races

Alignment Requirement: LE, NE, or a slim chance with N. Can you be a minion who follows orders? The diabolic mafia is recruiting, but is not taking orphanage bombers or crazed serial killers. NO CHAOTIC alignments allowed.

Starting Equipment: None

Ability Scores: See Player’s Guide

Hit Points: Maximum at 1st level, average each additional level.

Backgrounds: See Player’s Guide

Character Submissions: I’ve got a little outline I’d like everyone to follow for submitting a character. You will also need to start a thread in the [url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45431&tg=89371]Applications Folder for your submission. If you have any questions about my rules for character building, any thoughts about character backgrounds, or to request that I review your character then you can do so by Clicking Here

Q&As

Quote:
Should each part of our application be public, or is private ok?
Completely up to you. You can use the private tag if you wish.

Quote:
What kind of races might be allowed?
All standard races from the allowed books and some monstrous races from Volo's. But always ask first on monstrous races just to be sure. But keep in mind that the more you deviate from human the less you are going to fit in if you need to conceal yourself inside a human settlement.

Quote:
What method in the players guide will be used for ability stats.
Focus and Foible is how stats will be rolled, but the last 4 stats rolled can not be moved around.

Quote:
Not sure if anyone else asked, is the rule about allowed LE paladins allowed?
LE paladins are allowed.

A Final Note
I am aware that this application process is both unorthodox and, perhaps, intimidating. I do this on purpose. I have a responsibility to the players I select to have chosen 6 dedicated and talented individuals so that all of us can reap the rewards of a long, successful adventure path.

Please do not hesitate to PM me, call me out on something, disagree with me, ask questions, bite your thumb at me, or anything else you need to do for me to get your application. I don't bite.

I look forward to your applications and good luck!

PLEASE READ THE PLAYERS GUIDE ALL THE WAY THROUGH AND THEN RE-READ IT PRIOR TO STARTING THE APPLICATION PROCESS!!

The 5e players guide can be found and downloaded here:

http://www.kingdomofmorrain.com/wotw/

Sorry to scream but I do not want the thread cluttered with people that do not read.

Game Description:

Guilty.

You are a lawbreaker – the worst of the worst. Too dangerous to live amongst the good people of Talingarde, they dragged you in chains before a magistrate and condemned you. They sent you to the worst prison in the land and there they forever marked you. They held you down and branded you with a runic F. You are forsaken. You won’t be at Branderscar Prison for long. Branderscar is only a holding pen. In three days – justice comes. In three days – everything ends. What a pity. If only there was a way out of this stinking rat-hole. If only there was a way to escape. If only… No. No one has ever escaped from Branderscar Prison.

This is where your story ends. Or is it?

Last edited by bwatford; Apr 28 '19 at 4:13am..
This game is using Myth-Weavers as a source for both character sheets as well as game information for the campaign.

This looks like a really interesting campaign and it's rare to have live games here. I will definitely check my shedule and apply if it works out.

Out of curiosity, have you run this campaign before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drome View Post
This looks like a really interesting campaign and it's rare to have live games here. I will definitely check my shedule and apply if it works out.

Out of curiosity, have you run this campaign before?
I have ran it twice by pbp.

Sounds like a great game and I would have loved to play, if only my timezone was closer.