Catastrophic Failure - Page 73 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Catastrophic Failure

How do you download them? I tried, but couldn't get it to download as a .pdf, only as a webpage, and it wouldn't open with that method.

When people refer to that, they're referring to using your browser's "Print" function to save them as a PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastForgot View Post
When people refer to that, they're referring to using your browser's "Print" function to save them as a PDF.
Thanks!

My campaign lost a lot of character data on our recent stuff. Had some of it redundant, but we all took it in good stride. Keep on keeping on. That you came right out, said what was wrong and didn't BS us speaks highly of you. I'm glad most people seem to be taking it in stride as well.

Getting ready for a game that's been on hiatus for a few weeks, and that used to have a sheet stored here. Just got done reading the whole thread.

I'm about as new as I look, and had partial backups, so I only lost a few hours. For me, this is probably a reason to cut my losses rather than investing more time here. But there's something I wanted to say before I go.

Rodrigo, once the error was made, and as viewed from after the initial panic, you've handled this like a class act. There is an easily visible announcement. There is a thorough explanation, with a good mix of plain language and technical information. There is an apology. You've accepted blame, and kept it, even as some members tried to absolve you. You've allowed those who are angry to have their voices - even "sheet only" hatchlings like me, who don't have a lot of standing with the forum community. It looks like you're putting effort into preventing a repeat of your errors, and addressing the end result. And all of this is still readily available to someone who hasn't visited for a few.

Not an "I'm sorry but" non-apology, but a real honest-to-goodness apology. Gosh. I can't remember the last time I've seen a real apology out in the wild like this. On a personal level, that's impressive, and it matters. Thank you, and good luck sir.

The upload side to the JSON backups has been implemented. I've also provided more information and a second way to download a backup on the 'Settings' page for a sheet, the explanation and instructions for the upload are present when creating a new sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
The upload side to the JSON backups has been implemented. I've also provided more information and a second way to download a backup on the 'Settings' page for a sheet, the explanation and instructions for the upload are present when creating a new sheet.
That is awesome. Thank you!!