Quick questions and answers - Page 1339 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Pathfinder

Is it only True nuetral that is immune to the killing function of or is it LN, N and CN? ie if they're neutral in any regards it wont work.

I would interpret that ability as failing against any alignment with any neutral component.
LG NG CG
LN N CN
LE NE CE

Phrased alternatively, it succeeds only against the corners of the classic alignment chart:
LG NG CG
LN N CN
LE NE CE

Pathfinder

If I had 'true seeing' selected from Greater spell immunity, that would only mean that the subject couldn't benifit from true seeing, not that they'd be immune from the spell if someone viewed them with it correct?

Pathfinder question. The feat Master Alchemist says that when making an alchemical item using Craft Alchemy, you use the itemís gp value as its sp value when determining your progress (do not multiply the itemís gp cost by 10 to determine its sp cost).
So does that mean if I make a Tanglefoot Bag, I treat it as costing 25 silver for how fast I make it? But I still pay 25 gold?

Yes, the feat only affects the time consumed in making the item , not the raw material cost, so you make it at the rate of a 50 silver item, but still have to dish out 25 gp for the materials.

EDIT, actually, since crafting an alchemical item is using the craft skill rather than creating a magic item, the base material cost is 1/3 of the item's cost (or 19 gp for a tanglefoot bag) rather than 1/2 as it is for magic items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothmar View Post
Pathfinder

If I had 'true seeing' selected from Greater spell immunity, that would only mean that the subject couldn't benifit from true seeing, not that they'd be immune from the spell if someone viewed them with it correct?
My interpretation here is the same as yours. Greater Spell Immunity (True Seeing) prevents the True Seeing spell from being cast on you. It does not prevent a creature under the effect of a True Seeing spell from seeing your true form.

This interpretation stems from my understanding that the True Seeing spell checks for spell resistance at the time of casting, against the creature targeted by the spell, and no longer checks for spell resistance after the casting.

Yeah, I think it might have worked the other way back in 2nd Ed or something, but in 3.5 (and by extension Pathfinder), Spell Immunity is just like unbeatable SR, and SR doesn't block you from being seen with True Seeing.

A more controversial question is Mind Blank vs True Seeing which is kind of ambiguous and probably does work by RAW - though personally I suggest ruling that it does not, regardless, since (mostly) unbeatable Invisibility seems annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
A more controversial question is Mind Blank vs True Seeing which is kind of ambiguous and probably does work by RAW - though personally I suggest ruling that it does not, regardless, since (mostly) unbeatable Invisibility seems annoying.
Not much controversy here - at least, not in our 3.5 table back then. This is even less controversial in Pathfinder because the PF version of Mind Blank mentions specifically See Invisible, which is in line with True Seeing. Also, True Seeing is 6th level and Mind Blank is 8th level, so we don't fuss too much when Mind Blank trumps True Seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
Yeah, I think it might have worked the other way back in 2nd Ed or something, but in 3.5 (and by extension Pathfinder), Spell Immunity is just like unbeatable SR, and SR doesn't block you from being seen with True Seeing.

It's not unbeatable invisibility, it's just immunity to divination spells. You can cast a lvl 1 evocation spell Faerie Fire and reveal them. The area can also be warded with the lvl 1 abjuration spell Alarm, which an invisible mind blanked character will still set off.

If I were DM'ing, I'd also rule that the create water cantrip, when cast as a downpour, can reveal invisible creatures, on account of the rain bouncing off of them.