Website Typos and Inconsistencies - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

Website Typos and Inconsistencies

Website Typos and Inconsistencies

Post any typos or inconsistencies here.

Please post the page/url where you found the typo, and if there is a section, post that too. Finally, post enough of the context of the text around the typo so that i can easily find it.

Thanks!

Here are a couple of 'em, as we communicated via e-mail.

* I think the Metaphysics is 'hidden' too much and should probably be part of the history as well as where it's current location is.

* Under the Lord of Envy, it says "Although he was born a male in a matriarchic society, Gar’zax had certain advantages. "
Based on our latest work, the dulim aren't a matriarchal society -- they are pretty gender neutral, right? I could be off on this one, but thought I'd point it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak
Here are a couple of 'em, as we communicated via e-mail.

* I think the Metaphysics is 'hidden' too much and should probably be part of the history as well as where it's current location is.
Good suggestion. Do you mean I should link to it from the Summarized History page or what?

Quote:
* Under the Lord of Envy, it says "Although he was born a male in a matriarchic society, Gar’zax had certain advantages. "
Based on our latest work, the dulim aren't a matriarchal society -- they are pretty gender neutral, right? I could be off on this one, but thought I'd point it out.
Another good suggestion. I am going to hold off on correcting this until we finalize our drow discussion. I think we are heading toward a close and soon the only thing to do will be for each of us to actually write our sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farland
Good suggestion. Do you mean I should link to it from the Summarized History page or what?
Yes -- I was thinking it should be added here.

Actually, after I review it again, I think my main concern is that I was a little confused about the layout of the "settings" page, which is the first tab I'd click on as to how to play in Farland. Admitted, I do like it much better than in was.

The groupings make a lot of sense, but if I'm trying to figure out the game, the very first thing I'd click on is calendars, which probably isn't where I should start.

Before you ask, here is what I was thinking.

History & Background of Farland
Historical Summary (new to Farland? Start here)
Metaphysics - a detailed explanation behind the inner workings of the Farland World
Genesis of Nurion
Detailed Timeline of Farland

Religion
Gods
Demi Gods
Holy Symbols

Culture and Society
Races
Calendar
Currencies
Languages
Magic
Common Names
Poems
Proverbs

Environment

Bestiary
Climate
Flora

Geography Maps
Kingdoms and Places
General Geographical Information
Landmarks

Website Information
FAQ
Behind the scenes at Farland
Glossary of Terms
Official Farland Setting PDF
Spotlight on something interesting

Does Farland have Psionics, because if it does it would seem that the Telekenetic Explosion spell would not be something that a sorcerer could do unless it was a different type of energy and that telekenetics would be left to psions and other psionic classes.

As of now there are no psionics in Farland, although you are welcome to implement them in your game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak
Yes -- I was thinking it should be added here.

Actually, after I review it again, I think my main concern is that I was a little confused about the layout of the "settings" page, which is the first tab I'd click on as to how to play in Farland. Admitted, I do like it much better than in was.

The groupings make a lot of sense, but if I'm trying to figure out the game, the very first thing I'd click on is calendars, which probably isn't where I should start.

Before you ask, here is what I was thinking.

History & Background of Farland
Historical Summary (new to Farland? Start here)
Metaphysics - a detailed explanation behind the inner workings of the Farland World
Genesis of Nurion
Detailed Timeline of Farland

Religion
Gods
Demi Gods
Holy Symbols

Culture and Society
Races
Calendar
Currencies
Languages
Magic
Common Names
Poems
Proverbs

Environment

Bestiary
Climate
Flora

Geography Maps
Kingdoms and Places
General Geographical Information
Landmarks

Website Information
FAQ
Behind the scenes at Farland
Glossary of Terms
Official Farland Setting PDF
Spotlight on something interesting
Great suggestions. I am going to implement them.

EDIT: Suggestions implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anki
I think the Farland CS PDF should be updated every quarter or something.
I am working on it, but it is A LOT of work.

Just checked the site -- much easier for me to understand, at least -- and I'm pretty slow.
DICE WERE DELETED FROM THIS POST

I keep forgetting to say so, but I like the layout of the site now alot. GOdd work Farland and Squeak!

About the telekinetic explosion spell, force is another type of energy in Farland, so that explains why sorcerors can use it.