5e SRD BBCode - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

5e SRD BBCode

5e SRD BBCode

Someone in AL games asked about updating the SRD bbcode tags from 3.5 to 5th edition. I don't know what they are but there seemed to be some interest. Placing it here for admins to take under advisement.

This would be really useful for posting rules text in the growing Adventurer's League games. Particularly spells, but feats and monster stats would be a benefit also.

This would save players and DMs both a lot of effort. As it stands now, we have to enter spell text manually, for example. So now, when I open a post from one of my spellcasting PCs, the code is miles long because every word of text for every spell they can cast is in there inside spoilers and ooc boxes. If we could call that data via new SRD tags it would save us a lot of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilosopherGM View Post
This would save players and DMs both a lot of effort. As it stands now, we have to enter spell text manually, for example. So now, when I open a post from one of my spellcasting PCs, the code is miles long because every word of text for every spell they can cast is in there inside spoilers and ooc boxes. If we could call that data via new SRD tags it would save us a lot of work.
Sound like overkill by the players. They shouldn't need more than:
<Statblock tags>
URL=link to character page/post where detailed SRD links are stored.

<character page>

Two clicks at most for the GM from the ingame post.

:checks site rules: Not against the rules to bulk copy SRD material, but wasteful effort when a simple URL link can do the job.

Unfortunately, statblock is problematic in Adventure League games due to the extreme number of sheets linked to the game forum. Adding the 5e SRD BBCode is something we can look at in the near future once the major update is completed.

Thanks for the update @Colin.

@Southernskies I'v seen many players listing things like spells in an OOC tag so they have the spell reference right there in their statblock, and then they copy/paste that OOC tag into their post in a spoiler or in the context where the spell is used. But to do that they have to go to their character sheet to copy it from the stat block bbcode. So something like [spell=Charm Person]Charm Person[/spell] could be useful. Obviously this would need to reference the system too, I'm just advocating that it's not overkill. Maybe not priority, but if we don't ask the Admins will never know