Quick questions and answers - Page 1311 - Myth-Weavers

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

I believe if you have pinterest you can store your images on a board there and use those links to include them in your posts. I'm sure imgur would allow something similar.

Thank you.

Pathfinder:

When getting or replacing an animal companion, does the 24 hours of prayer have to be consecutive? Or can it be broken up into segments over several days?

Like, if so-and-so druid wants to recruit a tyrannosaurus, do they have to perform the Ritual of Intertwined Fate over the course of 24 hours, or can they perform the Six Ceremonies of Trust, Gentility, Compassion, Enrichment, Alliance, and Bonding (each of which takes four hours) over the course of a week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaday Daydream View Post
Pathfinder:

When getting or replacing an animal companion, does the 24 hours of prayer have to be consecutive? Or can it be broken up into segments over several days?

Like, if so-and-so druid wants to recruit a tyrannosaurus, do they have to perform the Ritual of Intertwined Fate over the course of 24 hours, or can they perform the Six Ceremonies of Trust, Gentility, Compassion, Enrichment, Alliance, and Bonding (each of which takes four hours) over the course of a week?
Quote:
If a druid releases her companion from service, she may gain a new one by performing a ceremony requiring 24 uninterrupted hours of prayer in the environment where the new companion typically lives. This ceremony can also replace an animal companion that has perished.
Emphasis mine, source here. Must be consecutive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothmar View Post
pathfinder

Forbiddance: "Forbiddance seals an area against all planar travel into or within it."
For large scale structures like buildings / vehicles, can I leave a room that isn't inside the barrier area but is surrounded by the barrier (bubble) and this becomes the location I can pop back to via word of recall or my allies with tp can get to?

Or is any location 'wrapped' inside of a forbiddance effect also 'effectively' warded?

ex: [] = 60ft cubes of Forbiddance Effect ; X = internal area without forbiddence active.

[][][]
[]X[]
[][][]
Yes, that works. The operative words are "into or within" which is not the same thing as "through." The Forbiddance effect does not extend onto other planes, so there's nothing blocking you (or anyone else) from using the Astral Plane to teleport through those areas and then popping back into the target plane in the middle.

Just don't forget to put one above and below that space, too!

Quote:
Pathfinder - Create Demiplane

If You create a demiplane and permanancy the space, can you then upgrade that space with additional features with subsequent castings? Or do you have to have all your features down before doing a perm?
Probably:
Quote:
Alternatively, when cast within your demiplane, you may add (or remove) one of the following features to your demiplane with each casting of the spell, in which case it has an instantaneous duration.
Nothing in there says anything about whether the demiplane is permanent or not. The use of an Instantaneous duration strongly implies that it is intended for demiplanes of any duration. So you should be able to always cast the spell to add additional traits.

However, it's not explicitly stated, so your DM could easily interpret it otherwise.

Quote:
Also I assume if you have the 2x time flow on your demiplane that this doesn't count against the duration correct? The duration is on the plane it was first casted in correct?
Yes, the time flow is inside your demiplane, but the demiplane still exists on an existing plane where time passes normally.

Quote:
...You cant inception demiplanes with 2x time flow correct? ex: Create demiplane 1 from material plane. Give it 2x speed. Create another demiplane on that demiplane with 2x speed. Lather rinse repeat until you finally get a 32x multiplier 5 planes in then link that plane to the material plane via a gate application, have it permanenced and use it as a crafting dimension.
No, because you can't create a demiplane inside a demiplane. There are only two choices for where your plane is:
Quote:
When you cast the spell, you decide whether the demiplane is within the Astral or the Ethereal Plane.

System: 3.5 D&D.

I remember, years ago, reading about a monster that had permanent invisibility and 3.0 Haste, and a few other ability's that made it really nasty for being like a CR 1-3 range. TPK's nasty.

Maybe my google fu is weak, but I can't find it now. Does anyone know what these things are, or what there called? Maybe have a link too them? I remember them existing, but for the life of me cant remember what there called.

Need to know for a fluff piece for a character.

I can't think of anything - was that a 3.0 monster? It also sounds like it would be a lot higher than CR 1-3. Permanent invisibility is really tough at low levels and the only thing I can think of with it are Pixies. Invisible Stalkers too, obviously, but they're a slightly higher level.

The low CR but 3.0-style Haste thing makes me think of the Choker, which is somewhat infamous. That doesn't have invisibility or anything though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
I can't think of anything - was that a 3.0 monster? It also sounds like it would be a lot higher than CR 1-3. Permanent invisibility is really tough at low levels and the only thing I can think of with it are Pixies. Invisible Stalkers too, obviously, but they're a slightly higher level.

The low CR but 3.0-style Haste thing makes me think of the Choker, which is somewhat infamous. That doesn't have invisibility or anything though.
If I recall right, it was never in any of the monster manuals. It had a web article detailing it's stats, and this thing was practically tailor made to wipe a low level party. On top of 3.0 Haste and Always invisible invisibility, it had like Sneak Attacks and DR and 1-2 other things that escape me.

I, keep wanting to call it a quickling, but I'm fairly sure that's not right.

I, seem to recall something being said of it that it existed back in the AD&D days, were it was a nasty piece of work for low level party's.

The 3.0 quickling is pretty much exactly what you're talking about, with one or two exceptions, it is a more reasonable CR 3 and has no DR. Well, that and it's only invisible in natural surroundings or when not moving. Being a 3.0 creature, it of course has 3.0 Haste and was never updated to 3.5. And don't forget, the nasty little gits have Spring Attack, 240' of movement and daggers that make you fall asleep if you fail a DC 15 Fort save. One of these guys could totally wreck a first level party and a small group of them could still be trouble for most parties until at least level 5 or so, higher if you don't have the right tricks to deal with them. Their biggest weakness is being 1 HD creatures with a lousy Fort save, so the right spells will wreck them with ease. Heck, if you can get rid of their invisibility, they're pretty much the perfect targets for Magic Missile.

I only found the stats in one old Reddit thread, I recall seeing them before, but they were probably lost in the great archive purge when WotC threw away everything old.

Yeah, Quicklings were definitely a thing.

You're right, though, hard to find any 3.x stats for them. They (or at least, their 3.5 selves) do exist on Realms Help but I'm not sure whether that's a legit-to-link-to site. It says "Converted from the Monstrous Compendia, For Faerie, Queen and Country, Dragon issues 158 and 239, and Tall Tales of the Wee Folk." so you might find them in the right Dragon mag. I don't know who did the converting.

Sadly, I can't find any archived WotC page with them on, and they're not on D&D For Free.

The version on Realms Help has them at CR 6, though, which is rather more reasonable. They have invisibility, a couple of SLAs, and a cracking 240ft speed, but no Haste at all. And, actually, with 1d3-2 dagger attacks, I'm not sure they even warrant CR 3 anyway - they have a good AC and given their invisibility and 240ft movement speed, you might struggle ever to hit them, but they also do 1 damage per hit and have only 5hp. This version doesn't even have Spring Attack, either, so you can mostly just take a 50% chance and punch them back.