Mynd's Eye - Rerecruiting

Old Jun 30 '09, 3:14pm
Great Wyrm

Mynd's Eye - Rerecruiting

Mynd's Eye - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 42

Mynd's Eye is rerecruiting, if you couldn't gleam that from the title.

Right then, down to business. Mynd's Eye, if you didn't see the original game ad, is a homebrew game made of my homebrew, your homebrew, and that shady guy down the street's homebrew. Err....maybe not his. If you show it, I will take it, unless I deem it broken (The old thread, located here, had several such instances)

GM/DM: Me, myself, and (possibly) I
Books Allowed: All. As long as you specify where the things came from. In rare cases, I will disallow things.

Stat Generation: 7m4d6v1 or 36 point buy. If you choose dice, you take the best 6 of the 7 rolls. You may only switch to 36 point if your bonuses are less than +4, or none are higher than 13. I will not accept rolls made in this thread. You will find the rolls thread here.
Level: 1
Hp: Max
Gold: 100
Traits: Up to two
Flaws: Up to one

There are not 42 spots. If you apply, you probably will be accepted, unless your spelling/use of the shift key/etc. is horrendous. I do not want to see posts in chatspeak or 1337speak, S.V.P.

Questions?

Game Description:

A world where anything can happen. This fledgling world is not like those other worlds. It toes the line, steps over it, and does a damn pole vault over it too. Welcome, the land of homebrew awaits.

Last edited by Roi; Jun 30 '09 at 10:48pm..
If you are still accepting character applications, I would be interested in playing a Rogue 'jack of all trades' style character. I would be working towards a progression as a Chameleon (Races of destiny pages 111-115 or 116,) which allows the mimicing of other class features. Thus the chameleon are "dilettantes in every class and masters of none." Also, bard progression can take the class early on, so I could do that to reach it if you prefered. Or I could multi-class some in the first five levels to show his personality as being unwilling to simply pick something and stick with it. As starting level is one, I could make the character sheet relatively quickly for any option. So let me know if you have room for one more person.

@esot- definitely room. Go whichever way you'd like, and once you've got your app, and I've accepted it, go ahead and post in group #3.

Name: Laele Frostwrath
race: gray elf
class: Wizard
AL: NE

appaerance: clad in supple clothing Laele could only be called a beauty.
She has grey eyes and blonde hair hanging loosely from her oval head.
She wears clothing made From supple leather which she trades for a silken
dress when not having to travel.

Personality: Laele may be beautiful only a devil would call her soul the same.
It is rotten to the very core, thinking only of ways to increase her power or
control over people. The only time she helps other people there is a way to gain
more control or power in the near future for her to reap.

@Roi: So does this mean others can apply too? Because I would love to come up with a character for this.

@lilbabe- anybody can apply
@makahl- cool. join once you've got a sheet

Yay! Ok. I'll come up with a character and post it when its ready.

Name: Sesto Caime http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=142438 .
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Description: With dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, and standing 5 feet 6 inches tall with a lean and slightly muscled frame, Sesto is rather average in appearance on most counts. That is, of course, what makes it so easy for him to look the part for whatever job he has taken at the moment. He most often wears a simple traveling outfit, as he goes out of town every so often on whims to see some new sights. He also owns an explorer's outfit which he always keeps on him with some emergency rations for in case he feels the need to go in rougher areas of wilderness or stay the night outside of the walls of civilization. On rare occasions, he will be wearing the clothing of an artisan while he cooks or performs odd jobs for random people he just met a half-hour prior.
Background and Personality: Sesto has become trained in almost every skill he has come across that caught his eye, and learned just enough to get by with them before moving on to new things. He can never choose between two dishes at dinner, and finds life to be a thing in need of some extra excitement. The reason for his strange habit of never simply sticking with anything for too long is that he is the sixth son of his family, and he has three sisters as well. As such, by the time he came along, the family had one person in every field that could be expected or needed for the children to train in. Quite simply, he found himself superfluous and just started trying to find something he liked when there was nothing he really needed to learn to do. So far, the things he has become best at are reading people and fooling them. He found he enjoyed playing parts and tricking people, and so has learned more of trickery and disguise than any more suitable subjects.
His family includes his oldest brother(Paul, age 28), who is training to take over the family shop; his second oldest brother(Virgil, age 26), who works in the guard; his third oldest brother(Terence, age 23), who is in the priesthood of Pelor, learning scripture and healing; his fourth older brother(Adelais, age 22), who is a courier in some nobles' court away from home; his immediately older brother(Zanobi, age 21), who is a scholar; his eldest sister(Adora, age 30), who is married to another shop owner's son and helping to manage the shop; his second sister(Amdis, age 24), who became a bard and joined a traveling trope; and his only younger sibling, his 15 year old younger sister Casta, whom he is extremely protective of and who is secretly learning to pick locks and practising her innocent look in her spare time. His father Isan works as an artisan making tools, selling convenience items, and occasionally working on some random idea for an invention. His mother passed away when he was four, and so he never truly knew her. He is unable to recall her name.

Wow esot tirstel, our characters are almost identical. Its just that you are a jack-of-all-trades and I'm a thief. Interesting. I actually based my whole character around a picture I really like.

Name: Courtney Troumanis
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Alignment: CG
Description: Courtney has short blonde hair and mischevious brown eyes. She stands at 5'2" which is to her advantage in many situations. She has a slight obsession with hearts so many things she wears or has possession of has hearts on them.

Background: Courtney comes from a rich merchant family who specializes in clothes. Their designs and patterns have been described as a "touch of heaven" and even caught the eye of some nobles. Due to her family always mingling with the rich and famous, Courtney developed a knack for appearing powerful just to show nobles that she can look just as great as them and possibly even better. This has gotten her onto hate-lists of many young female nobles with a lot of power who are jealous of her.
Her parents told her that they could no longer have her appear with them at functions and so began her days as a thief. When her parents were at some social gathering, she would be off stealing things but she only rarely kept what she took, usually she would leave it with someone less fortunate who might need it. Her parents never learned of this side of Courtney. One day, Courtney decided that she wanted to leave the city with all the scheming aristocrats and their snotty attitudes. So with a last goodbye to her parents, she was off on her own.
Personality: Courtney is most definitely mischevious and curious. Her curiousity tends to get her into loads of trouble. She is sometimes a bit self-centered and thinks that she is the sexiest creature in existance. Courtney is a kleptomaniac in an organized kind of way, she'll only steal certain types of things. She is also very graceful in her normal movements and fighting style. When she walks, she looks like a cat stalking its prey, dangerous and graceful at the same time.

If these two are in the same party, they may get along entirely too well for the rest of the party's taste. One acrobatic thief and one jack of all trades who is primarily social interaction and gets bored far too easy. Hilarity and insanity may very well ensue. They even look like they could be siblings.