Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

List of Traveller and 2300AD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsenRG View Post
That's great, @Scream
Would you like a personal UFP as well?
Well, I've only played once... And we didn't get very far. So mine is simple:

I'm willing to play anything, I'd need help with everything, and I can't referee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream View Post

I'm willing to play anything, I'd need help with everything, and I can't referee.
Welcome to the list!
You actually have a UFP now...and yes, they are a joke, but it's a Traveller-style joke that could be at least somewhat useful.

1. CT, MT, MgT1e, MgT2e, Cepheus Engine
2. All above, not familiar with others but might be willing to try
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. No.
6. No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream View Post

I'd put myself in the same boat. I've played Traveller, liked it, had a lot of fun, but I have no idea what version it was and it was a long time ago.

I'm curious why there aren't more Traveller Referees on this forum. I mean, I am in four games, and recently had to pass on joining a fifth one which actually needed more people, because I simply can't play more games than that!

Alas, the forum rules on recruiting for other forums prevent me from posting the link here.

Thinking of starting a Mongoose 2e game does the following interest anyone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The year is 1105 and by your best estimates you have been stranded on a pirate-controlled planet for 6 years. However, due to the efforts of the remaining crew you are almost ready to leave here and make a run for safety. The question is can you get the remaining parts needed to fix the ship? It means going deeper into the pirate’s territory then you have gone to date.

Backstory
You, the crew, had met during your service days and formed a bond. Several of you were due to retire from your careers in the same year and within two years all eight of you would be out. That is when you formed a plan to pool your money and go into business for yourselves, after all with your combined experience and abilities you could run your own trade ship.

As you each got out of the service you pooled what resources you had and invested it until everyone was out and ready to go. After the last of you got out you managed to have enough to put a down payment on a far trader and a good enough business plan to warrant a mortgage from a reputable lender. You knew that there were great opportunities in the Trojan Reach sector but needed a world to base your business from.

You had decided to base your business in Delta Theta system. It was strategically located on the boarder of the Dpres and the Goertal subsectors in the Trojan Reach. This space had heavy pirate traffic but the risk to reward ratio made it worth it. The recent negotiation between the Dpres Government and the Imperium was sure to make the area safer and those that could establish a trade route would be in on the ground floor of the new trade possibilities.

Things started off with a bang and after your first dozen or so runs clients actually started to seek you out. You were fast, efficient and seemed to have an honest crew, all qualities desired in a company running goods in and out of pirate territory.

Unfortunately, your luck took a turn for the worst and you experienced a misjump. As you entered normal space you were to close the gravity well of a planet and your engines were off line. There was no doubt about it you were going down and going down hard. And as if that wasn’t bad enough you realized that you were crashing on the Pirate world of Tyr, pirate headquarters so to speak. As you crashed you lost two of your crew members.

The ship was on fire and you knew that the locals were bound to see where you crashed so you headed out on the grave loader carrying as much supplies as you could. You headed north towards a mountain range hoping to find safety there. The area was heavily wooded, so the plan was to stay below the canopy as much as possible. In the valley between two mountains is where you found another crashed ship, however by the looks of it had been here for centuries.

This is where you have been living for the past 6 years, making raids against the pirate’s ship yards and the old bone yard scrounging parts to fix the new ship. Over the years you lost two more of your friends, but you persevered, and it has paid off. You just need that last part for the jump drive and you should be able to get off this planet.

Hi,
I got my hands on a CT Core Rule book 2008.
I remember reading this decades ago.
It pulls at my SciFi nerdery I was wondering if anyone was venturing in this universe.

I want to learn about this tempting ( in print anyway ) game but
I would need someone to tutor me thru the game and character creation and inspire my imagination.
Can this be done here?

I don't just want to fly from place to place and shoot my lasers at the evil aliens.
I don't want to win I want to play.
I would like to get to know my crew and just ... boldly go

Is there anyone else with a similar hankering.. to let me stow aboard or learn a trade and be a crew member ?