Hulk or Spider-Man PC - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Hulk or Spider-Man PC

Hulk or Spider-Man PC

I think I'm giving up on trying to make the Flash in Pathfinder. There might be a way to do it, but I can't see it. So I'm moving onto the next hero character I want to make. I have two options in mind, Spider-Man or the Hulk.

Hulk will be easier than Spider-Man as I can already see a base for him in a half-orc Alchemist/Barbarian. Spider-Man will probably have a level or two in Vigilante, but I'm stumped on what else he'd need.

Anyone have any ideas for these guys?

I know only the very basics of pathfinder and don't have deep knowledge about either hero, but to contribute at least a little: monk seems pretty fitting for spiderman, since he fights unarmed and has the spidersense to help him dodge attacks. Maybe if the Rogues in Pathfinder have some evasion ability like in dnd5e that could fit as well.

Spiderman likely has this ability from the Diviner/Foresight school of magic:

Prescience (Su): At the beginning of your turn, you may, as a free action, roll a single d20. At any point before your next turn, you may use the result of this roll as the result of any d20 roll you are required to make. If you do not use the d20 result before your next turn, it is lost. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier.

It depends, for many characters you can go two routes:

-The Player route
-The Monster route

Making a npc monster of your favorite superheroes for a GM, it is a very easy.
Making a pc make them , somewhat lacking.

But guessing you are trying for a pc:

Assuming you are using every pathfinder rules to make superheroes, here from a player's perspective:

-Spiderman would be a Mythic Monk. Monk with the dual path trickster and champion should cover most of spiderman tricks. Crane Style is probably a good style to use for Spiderman.

-Hulk would be an alchemist using the rage chemist archetype, with the Champion and Guardian dual mythic path.

Trying to emulate comic-book character abilities exactly feels a bit futile. Spiderman can mostly be represented as, like, a L2 Vigilante or something - but the web-shooting is pretty tricky. There's probably some obscure race or class which can do something suitably similar but if you want it to be a non-magical ability, you'll probably find it tricky. Maybe carry a whip (or use some sort of Call Weapon type ability), use the Prehensile Whip trait, and fluff it as a web?

Most seem to agree that Spider-Man will have some Monk levels. The Flowing Monk archetype seems to be the most suggested on another thread.

I know it's not going to be exact, but I'd like to get it as close as I can.

If 3rd party stuff is open, there's some blade skills for the Soulknife that allow your soulblade to entangle enemies kind of like a net and later to be used as a grapnel, pulling enemies towards you or swinging on it. This seems kind of relevant

For Spider man you could do something like an unarmed kensei magus. (Yea I know its a strange choice). But it would give you access to spider climb, and web as spells taking care of 2 of him "super powers" and with kensei you gain Canny defense to act like spider sense.