9 small(?) questions - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

9 small(?) questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamnier View Post
Awesome, I'll move forward with the secret police. I'll post a thread specifically for them soon.
Looking forward to it!

Quote:
I'm thinking a distorted Lich. Because of all the magic experiments, he isn't actually undead. I'm thinking he stumbled upon another way to gain immortality, but the cost was his sanity, and to a point his common sense (although I guess that ties in with being insane). His insanity is what drives him into isolation. And then his isolation mixed with his addiction to magic items is what drives him into starting his bizzar hobby.

But aside from not being undead, he is basically a Lich.
A non-undead lich. Somehow that makes a strange sort of sense to me.

(I am still working on one of the 7 Commanders (Hope Crushers), thus I will upload them when they are done, hopefully before I begin my drive across the country this weekend. But I promise, you will very much enjoy the next generation of 'bosses' whom the Lord of Wrath has employed to keep the chaos of Farland. And they can bring a whole new level of intrigue into the inner workings if played right into the canon of the world.)

Sure. Be really careful to make them balanced in terms of mechanics.

So many things have happened recently. These things range from a loss of much of everything I had electronically (I wrote down a lot of the numbers on paper first, that is still secure), to a death occurring in the family which I will be helping with for the next couple weeks.

This has not altogether stopped my progress and ambitions, but it has seriously slowed (and tossed me back significantly in the form of loosing what I had typed up). So still expect my info, but it might take an extra week. I'm thinking of putting up a short blurb tomorrow just so you can have a look at my initial ideas. It won't be as dramatic as I was hoping having the whole set of Hope Crushers laid out would be, but at least I will feel like I've done something. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farland View Post
Quote:
There are still many Barbarians in the north, yes? Would it be possible to convince them in any amount of mass to join the war against the Lords and the Dweller?
The answer is absolutely, to both parts. The Anarians are a thriving culture similar to the vikings (but they don't build ships, being land-locked). With the proper motivation and leadership, they could be convinced to fight against evil.
One of my parties is heading north to talk to the barbarians. Nothing is going to happen of any substantiality for a quite some time, but they hope to at least get the ball rolling. I like the new map of Anaria, though I don't see many settlements or roads. The lack of roads doesn't surprise me, but are they mainly the three (four) tribes spread out between a few towns? Or is it more fragmented, where "this" cluster of indevidual tribes/towns are all part of the larger umbrella Cavebear Tribe?

On that note, are there towns that arent on the map? Ones that are too small that it wasn't worth noting on there (or you simply didn't want/have time to come up with every place that the Anarians decided to lay their roots). Say I (a merchant or innkeeper) tell the party to take the road past arbor (the Anar Trail?), turn west at Lauren, pass Lostag and Gormfast, and then its nothing but road for 140 miles till you reach Hildolf. Would that be accurate? Or would there be small villages or homesteads of small Anarian tribes?

Speeking of giving them directions, where WOULD they go to try to rally the tribes? Would they need to head to three (four) separate capitals? Do they all have "government representation" in Hildolf? Would they need to go to each town or have runners carry their message to rally the forces individually?

There is a lot of information about the Anarians, I am just that one guy who happens to need the small details that aren't included. Technically I could just make things up and pretend they behave however I say they do, but I want it to fit with your canon as closely as I can so that the adventures my party goes on can themselves be considered for canonization.

Quote:
One of my parties is heading north to talk to the barbarians. Nothing is going to happen of any substantiality for a quite some time, but they hope to at least get the ball rolling. I like the new map of Anaria, though I don't see many settlements or roads. The lack of roads doesn't surprise me, but are they mainly the three (four) tribes spread out between a few towns? Or is it more fragmented, where "this" cluster of indevidual tribes/towns are all part of the larger umbrella Cavebear Tribe?
It is more fragmented. Very Viking like-- local earls rule over scattered settlements.

Quote:
On that note, are there towns that arent on the map? Ones that are too small that it wasn't worth noting on there (or you simply didn't want/have time to come up with every place that the Anarians decided to lay their roots). Say I (a merchant or innkeeper) tell the party to take the road past arbor (the Anar Trail?), turn west at Lauren, pass Lostag and Gormfast, and then its nothing but road for 140 miles till you reach Hildolf. Would that be accurate? Or would there be small villages or homesteads of small Anarian tribes?
Yes, there could very well be unmapped small villages and settlements.

Quote:
Speeking of giving them directions, where WOULD they go to try to rally the tribes? Would they need to head to three (four) separate capitals? Do they all have "government representation" in Hildolf? Would they need to go to each town or have runners carry their message to rally the forces individually?
This is any way you want to play it. I think they could go to the main towns and send runners if it works for your narrative. Do what works best for your story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farland View Post
Yes, there could very well be unmapped small villages and settlements.
I assume the Anarians farm, but would there be little farming communities that supply (through trade) the larger tribes, or does each town pretty much try to stay self sufficient (doing their own farming)? Would it be likely to pass one or two standalone longhouses belonging to a single set of farmers at least a decent way away from the nearest town so they would have space withouth needing to ride half the day to get to and from the farm each dah, or are all Anarians clustered into groups for safety, community, etc...?

Thank you for your time clarifying this.

Quote:
I assume the Anarians farm, but would there be little farming communities that supply (through trade) the larger tribes? Would it be likely to pass one or two standalone longhouses belonging to a single set of farmers, or are all Anarians clustered into groups for safety, community, etc...?

Thank you for your time clarifying this.
Yes, I imagine most farming communities would tend to be clustered together for safety. But again, if you have a narrative need to have single farms, it could probably happen.

On a simillar note, would they use anything other than longhouses? Would culture and practice dictate that they use longhouses for everything including barns and storehouses?

No, longhouses are just residences. Barns and storehouses are more likely to be what you are familiar with, or similar.