The Lord of Wrath's 7 Commanders - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

The Lord of Wrath's 7 Commanders

The Lord of Wrath's 7 Commanders

The 7 Hope Crushers

I am replacing the place holder descriptions as I finish them.

The Lord of Wrath was tired of all these pesky rebellions and uprising popping up, and as the Liberated Kingdoms demonstrate, they are becoming increasingly more of a threat. Thus, in order to instil fear and order into his realms and the neighboring ones, he organized the “Hope Crushers”.

Drawing inspiration from how the Lords of Sin were organized and their effectiveness, he employed 7 Commanders. These individuals would be of roughly the same rank as a Marshal, but would not be tied to the military. Their main priority would be patrolling the lands, seeking out trouble makers, and eliminating them. And their authority to command the military's troops gave them extra flexibility should they need to restock their own elite troops, as well as make temporary commands in order to achieve a short term goal. While they technically need the permission of the Marshal before taking or ordering their troops, no Marshal is insane enough to refuse the demands of a Commander.

The Commanders work like Secret Police. They have absolute authority within the Kingdome of Farland, and are even grudgingly given a lot of liberty to act in the other Occupied Kingdoms due to how effective they are. Each Commander chooses how they want to carry out their orders, playing to their specific strengths. They lead relatively small groups referred to as “Crush Troops”, “Crush Forces”, or simply “Crushers”. They each organize their forces how they wish, often adopting terms used in the military.

While all the Commanders are to work together, and they often do, none of them fully trusts each other. To accommodate this, almost all of them have at least one weapon that is magic and/or silvered to adequately combat the other Commanders should the need arise.

I am working on them bit by bit, posting the new info in new posts, then compiling copies of the info here. While the specific stats are posted later in the thread, I'll wait until I have finished them all before placing them here (it will be my finalization, give me personally a sense of accomplishment).

I have most of the stats, but it will take time to add those. I decided to postwhat I had so far so that I could start getting feedback on it. I'm also in the process of a more extensive description of (Mr. Mage), and a back story on how Sir Cosmas came to be enslaved to (Mr. Mage).

The ideas are quite interesting but the names seem a bit silly. That's my first impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farland View Post
The ideas are quite interesting but the names seem a bit silly. That's my first impression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosHarbinger View Post
I read those as humorous placeholders myself.

Exactly. I put all the temporary names and titles in parinthesise, I'm not all that good at names. I wrote silly ones that I could remember so I could continue without the names but still appease my OCD.

If I find myself stuck for names (or words, for that matter), I just pick a random language like Xhosa or Etruscan or Oltec and then do some crude translation.

Whew, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farland View Post
Whew, haha.
Ya, don't worry. I was not implying that the Lord of Wrath's best friend was a tiger Demon named "Fluffy". :P

Although the word 'fluffy', when translated to Farsi becomes "Kwarji", or "Vandurf" in Urdu. They are slightly harsher-sounding names that are geographically appropriate for tiger demons whilst retaining the silly meaning.

You can also make use of the Farland names and alter them as necessary.