Healing: background, feat, skill, equipment, and more - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Healing: background, feat, skill, equipment, and more

Cool! I can come up with ideas of my own, and I enjoy doing so. However, I thrive off of building from existing ideas and suggestions.

New takes on the herbs

New ideas

Clear-stone. A chrystal that forms in near-pure running water. It looks like a small glass pebble often with a green or blue tint, in rare cases yellow. It is highly sought after by collectors. If placed in dirty water, the water begins to sizzle and froth as the impurities are removed. The clear-stone can also sterilize stone and metal, so is sometimes used by medicine men to clean their tools before doing surguries or making medicine. If Fluxweed, Dithafoil, and lemon juice are added to water that is currently frothing from purifying small pieces of granite and limestone, the liquid will stop frothing and will instead churn and steam. If all the water is allowed to evaporate, it just becomes a big mess, but if water is periodically added for the several day process, it will eventually turn into a light greay viscous subtance. If the clear-stone is removed, the substance hardens after an hour.

Effect of stone syrup: lightly smearing the substance on a petrified indevidual will turn them back for 10 minutes, then they will repetrify. If they drink some of the syrup (not the clear-stone), the effect will become more permanent. For 24 hours after drinking it, they are their normal self. After, their skin and joints harden, skin rough and pourus to the touch. It is as though they have the stone skin spell on them, but speed is halved, and all rolls involving movement is at disadvantage (range attacks are up to the DM based on situation). Drinking some over multiple days will maintain/restore their normal state, or a lesser restoration spell can cure them.

Mineral, very rare
Price: 300sp

You're pumping this out so fast I'm having trouble keeping up!

Look on the bright side, you'll have plenty of herbalism updates for the rest of the year.

Lol. I started a dozen projects almost a year ago, and now I am finally finishing them. I feel like if I lose momentum now, it may take me another year to get going again. XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosHarbinger View Post
Look on the bright side, you'll have plenty of herbalism updates for the rest of the year.
Right, I was thinking that.

Hamnier, I appreciate all of the things you've contributed. Please don't be offended if you don't get immediate feedback or addition to the site. I am going to be going over a lot of what you've submitted and using it as resources for updates in the future. Keep it coming!

Occurs to me that a low-level, and/or low-magic variant, campaign could make amazing use out of this. It offers the chance to investigate how the normal folk of the world might try to get by whenever a party of adventurers isn't wandering around with their all-solving hammers and spells.

No worries. It is your work after all, I'm just giving suggestions. Ones I hope you like, and I'll do my best to adjust/drop any that you say probably aren't good for whatever reason, but suggestions all the same. And I am churning out a lot, so I understand you not wanting to immediately respond to everything.

That said, what do you think of the three things for Grlarshh? He hasn't left entirely yet, perhaps these can be part of his last push to regain some level of power over Vornoth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosHarbinger View Post
Occurs to me that a low-level, and/or low-magic variant, campaign could make amazing use out of this. It offers the chance to investigate how the normal folk of the world might try to get by whenever a party of adventurers isn't wandering around with their all-solving hammers and spells.
That is in part why I am such a fan of this feature. Most of the parties I am DMing for are low leveled. One party just split with two level 3 characters trecking up to talk with the barbarians, and neither of them have any healing capabilities. Another person wants to try Farland, so I am advising them to take a healer's roll in this party. It seems like a medicine man or a shawman would make a lot more sense if they meet in Anaria, and at level 3 or 4 they would probably be more effective than a cleric anyways. After traveling for a spell with no healing and having to gauge their health so closely, they will cherish every brew the healer shoves down their throats. XP

I very much like the Grlarshh stuff. The ink is stellar. I like the ideas you are coming up with, although some things like the cauldrons of Grlarshh idea would probably be more appropriate as an adventure rather than an item or spell to release for "general consumption." In general, herbs and herbal effects released on the website for "general consumption" should be less powerful than magical abilities. This maintains the flavor as well as the balance.

Compiled list of herb ideas. (I left the background and the feat and such alone on the front page. I saw no reason to carry that over to here since that was never really messed with.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farland View Post
I very much like the Grlarshh stuff. The ink is stellar. I like the ideas you are coming up with, although some things like the cauldrons of Grlarshh idea would probably be more appropriate as an adventure rather than an item or spell to release for "general consumption." In general, herbs and herbal effects released on the website for "general consumption" should be less powerful than magical abilities. This maintains the flavor as well as the balance.
True. I wasn't really considering the Grlarshh stuff as something anyone could make (who would want to sit around for a year?), and I don't see the Priests wanting to give it out, especially before it's unveiling in some major event. I was just in the mode of making herbs and potions, and this seemed like the most logical place to put it.