Using multiple PCs in deadly dungeon crawls? - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Using multiple PCs in deadly dungeon crawls?

That's a really good idea and in any other game I would probably adapted that to my game.

The problem is that it wouldn't exactly work in this dungeon crawl as the deaths are coming from active actions made by the PCs and the deaths aren't even caused by bad rolls, it's more a "they die no saves" kind of thing which in many cases removes their bodies completely. Sure the players can avoid this by not taking unnecessary risk and by understanding all the riddles and puzzles right from the start. By chances are they will fail a couple of times.

To use henchmen etc for that would mean that I as a GM forces a henchman to do the wrong choice. That in return feels like I would spoil some of the challenge for the PCs.

I know this is very specific to a certain dungeon crawl and perhaps it's just a bad one, even though I really liked the feel of it, in part for the feeling of chaotic despair it created. But at the same time I want all the players to be able to enjoy it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLight View Post
That's a really good idea and in any other game I would probably adapted that to my game.

The problem is that it wouldn't exactly work in this dungeon crawl as the deaths are coming from active actions made by the PCs and the deaths aren't even caused by bad rolls, it's more a "they die no saves" kind of thing which in many cases removes their bodies completely. Sure the players can avoid this by not taking unnecessary risk and by understanding all the riddles and puzzles right from the start. By chances are they will fail a couple of times.

To use henchmen etc for that would mean that I as a GM forces a henchman to do the wrong choice. That in return feels like I would spoil some of the challenge for the PCs.

I know this is very specific to a certain dungeon crawl and perhaps it's just a bad one, even though I really liked the feel of it, in part for the feeling of chaotic despair it created. But at the same time I want all the players to be able to enjoy it...
How about this than let them make more than one characters but ask them only to play one main at a time until he dies. How do they switch? You mention most deaths make bodies disappear but maybe the souls of dead moves to spare bodies that were with hem in a special item than an NPC was carrying? When a pc dies his/her soul moves to item instead of next life and he appears with a completely new body but with all memories intact.