Website Typos and Inconsistencies - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

Website Typos and Inconsistencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanavel View Post
There seems to be a couple bad links, missing images, and misspellings in the site. The misspellings are most likely carry forwards from the old site and just never caught before. Here is what I have found so far.

On this page http://www.farlandworld.com/miscellaneous.html in the Spells section, subsection Polymorph there seems to be a bunch of errant html code (&#xa0 &#xa0 ) at the beginning of each line in the spel stat list.
Aha! I caught you using crappy Internet Explorer! It was a trap I set for you. Switch to Firefox immediately; you'll be happier.

I fixed this error, though. Thanks!

Up towards the top in the Economy section right above the heading Half-Orcs, there is a link to currencies. This has a portable black hole framed and mounted at the top of the page.[/quote]

I don't see what you mean. Could you attach a screen shot?

Quote:
If we see misspellings or grammatical problems like a question mark in the middle of a sentence should we just make a list and email you or how would you like to handle those? I can't find the misspelling I saw last night right now. The morning caffeine fix must be wearing off.
I would love it if you would keep a list and either post it here or email it to me; doesn't matter which.

Thanks!

Quote:
Aha! I caught you using crappy Internet Explorer! It was a trap I set for you. Switch to Firefox immediately; you'll be happier.
Ummm... In self-defense, on my laptop and home desktop I have firefox. Wouldn't use anything else. On the work computer it is a different story and yes Internet Explorer is crappy.

Quote:
I don't see what you mean. Could you attach a screen shot?
Screen shot attached. I think it might have to do with the elasticity of the screen and the IE Is Crap bug. When the IE window is reduced the page views fine. However, when the window is full-size I get the black box at the top. My screen resolution is currently set to 1280 x 1024.

Quote:
I would love it if you would keep a list and either post it here or email it to me; doesn't matter which.
Will do.

Another question this may be an inconsistency I'm not sure. As a player of Farland campaigns my understanding has been that to purchase items the cost is the same in silver as the SRD listed cost in GP or a 1-to-1 ratio. However, in the economy section of the site when listing the exchange rate of currency it has 5 SP = 1 GP so I am a little confused.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Currencies.doc (535.5 KB, 0 views)

Well, you pointed out some bad bugs in IE 6. I tried to fix them, but every fix just seemed to break other pages. Therefore I rolled out a new site design early, one I was thinking about rolling out in 6 months to a year. Check it out, and don't forget to clear your cache or refresh pages.

Keep the bugs and problems coming! Thanks.

Hey nice work, I love the new layout. Any chance you'd consider stretching the Summoning pic on the homepage vertically so it looked more like the old site. I liked it better before

http://www.farlandworld.com/darkbattles.html#dragonspur

Phase three:

The defenders were clearly being shileded by their wizards

html problem with the Bolg-gatha page.

Quote:
Btw in the evolution of orcs I found a typo

Quote:
Then Vornoth took the ten Elhil, and the other nine he tortured, twisting them to forms that pleased him

I think this is a mistake in the Pantheon section under the Elven Power , Tal Allustiel

Quote:
Tal-Allustiel (Elven Power)

Power of Gladsheim (Faerie), Chaotic Good

Tal-Allustiel is revered by almost all of the Elhil. He is pictured as a tall elf whose beauty and majesty are awe-inspiring. Elves worship Tal-Allustiel by always upholding the noble ways of the Elhil and working to preserve the forests and all that which is elven. Tal-Allustiel has no temple; his priests worship him in the most beautiful glades they can find on bright sunny days. His priests only gather once every 5 to 10 years for the Meet-of-Elhil, wherein beautiful silver circlets and magic scrolls are sacrificed to Tal-Allustiel. Specialty Priests of Tal-Allustiel are called by a word in Elven that means "Heart of the Vale."

Heshtail commands his followers thus:

* As you are one with the planet, maintain it.
* The only thing that is immutable is art and beauty.
* Magic is art; art is magic.
* Evil means the destruction of that which is beautiful; fight it.
http://www.farlandworld.com/gods.html#heshtail

Aha, good catch!