The Myth-Weavers GM Rescue Society - Page 105 - Myth-Weavers

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

The Myth-Weavers GM Rescue Society

Dear GM Community.

I humbly request a rescue for the Shadows of Madness campaign, a Pseudo-Gestalt PF game.

Our GM has vanished from communication lines. I have sent him two PM's on behalf of the group in an attempt to draw attention to the game, neither of which he has responded to.

First there was a game called The Shadow of Madness. It had some pretty fun rules, so plenty if people applied with different characters.

After some pretty hardcore pregame RP on Discord and Myth Weavers, the GM announced his picks.

As with most games, not everyone was picked. However, one of the other players (Jomsviking) proposed to run a sister game to the first one, called the Cataclysm of Lucidity. So we began playing.

It was fine at first, but after about two to three weeks, the GM just vanished. At first he said to give him time, but after some time it became apparent that he is not invested in the game, and has abandoned it.

The players don't want the story to end so soon. We are invested in our characters, and would like them to keep on living, rather than be victims of the game dying.

Please open the spoiler below for more details.

Thank you for reading. Please ask questions if any arise.

Hey there, I would like to request to be added as DM for Castle Spulzeer.

DM had to leave us for personal reasons right after getting started. Would like to try to keep the thread open for those who stayed and see if we can keep going. Thanks!

Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Fletcher View Post
Hey there, I would like to request to be added as DM for Castle Spulzeer.

DM had to leave us for personal reasons right after getting started. Would like to try to keep the thread open for those who stayed and see if we can keep going. Thanks!

Fletcher
Glad to see you all are picking that game up. Not sure the full story, but he did the same thing for a couple other games he was running and playing in...under a different username. He went AWOL for about two weeks in Sept/Oct and came back, citing health issues, but then completely disappeared with no word mid-December. Come to find he changed his username and made new games/characters and abandoned all the other ones he had, with no word of explanation to anyone.

Don't know what the cause of all of that was, @Ballingray , Vyse, or whatever he changes it to next time (how did he even do it in the first place? >_>), but he's on an active boycott list from a number of us because of it.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44367

This is a request for help for the linked Myth-weavers Comics game. We lost our head GM, and most of the other GM's who are actually experienced with Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition. I signed on to be a GM with the assumption there would be help, and that I wouldn't be carrying the full game load. Currently we only have 1 other GM, who's not comfortable with most of the rules.

We are in DESPEARATE Need some some other GM's who know what there doing to pitch in on this. We have a LOT of players, we have a general setting tone and basic lore set up. We just need GM's to get some games going.

Looking through you're looking for someone to organise and get everything up and running? I'm not sure I can actually run anything but if you want I could maybe help you get everything into shape if you're happy to actually do the grunt work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyKorta View Post
Looking through you're looking for someone to organise and get everything up and running? I'm not sure I can actually run anything but if you want I could maybe help you get everything into shape if you're happy to actually do the grunt work!
We need help with getting games run as well, but organizing would be hugely helpful right now. We ALSO need a LOT of help with character review and approval. I've done about as much as I can on that and the only other remaining GM is sort of petrified of approving characters that are more complicated mechanically than "hulk smash!" as there one and only thing they do. Or at least that's my impression on that front.

Which is stalling getting characters approved to try and be in games. Which is stalling getting games run cause it's no fair to cut out people not because I didn't want them to have a crack at a game, but because we couldn't find a 2nd GM to give there sheet a once over and once satisfied with it, approve it to join in.

Well I'll be honest it's not my best strength, but if it'll help I'll give it a try.