Create a superhero campaign hook. - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Create a superhero campaign hook.

Create a superhero campaign hook.

Hello, everyone. This week I'm starting a new campaign using mutants and masterminds. I already GM for another group in the same setting and I was searching for an interesting hook. The second group is going to be made of metahumans, ordinary people that jsut discovered their super powers. Now, I got two possible hooks for them: One where they are students of an academy sponsored by the biggest superhero organization of the world but they will find out their sponsor is an undercover supervillain that wants to exploit them. The second one is haivng their mentor a fallen hero. SOmeone who did something very unheroic but necessary and is treated like a pariah, kinda like Cyclops and his X-men team as of recent stories. I'm open to suggestions, of course.

You could combine the two.

"Students of an academy sponsored by the biggest superhero organization in the world, the Young Heroes think they have it made! But then they find out that their sponsor is secretly the hated supervillain known as the Betrayer! Formerly the hero Captain Honor, the Betrayer is a pariah among her former heroic comrades for turning on them and doing [something bad]! But what how will the Young Heroes react when they discover that the Betrayer claims that she only did what she had to do? Coming this spring, an exciting new star in the firmament of the Damocles233 Universe!"

Sorry. I find that I can't describe possible superhero campaigns without turning into Stan Lee in 1965. But I think the principle that the characters' mentor could be either villain or hero is sound, and gives a good basis for the first arc in that the problem for the characters is that they don't know which. And that kind of Emotional Drama! is very X-Menish, which suits what I think you're going for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voord 99 View Post
You could combine the two.

"Students of an academy sponsored by the biggest superhero organization in the world, the Young Heroes think they have it made! But then they find out that their sponsor is secretly the hated supervillain known as the Betrayer! Formerly the hero Captain Honor, the Betrayer is a pariah among her former heroic comrades for turning on them and doing [something bad]! But what how will the Young Heroes react when they discover that the Betrayer claims that she only did what she had to do? Coming this spring, an exciting new star in the firmament of the Damocles233 Universe!"

Sorry. I find that I can't describe possible superhero campaigns without turning into Stan Lee in 1965. But I think the principle that the characters' mentor could be either villain or hero is sound, and gives a good basis for the first arc in that the problem for the characters is that they don't know which. And that kind of Emotional Drama! is very X-Menish, which suits what I think you're going for.
Never apologize for a good Stan Lee impressione, buddy. And I like this. I think I will go with this one. Either way they got a mentor or a very complciated villain if they decide to go against him.