In need of writers/helpers - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

In need of writers/helpers

Basil, I like that concept! A couple of adjustments...

They rule a smaller part of the desert near the mountains of Iruladdun (the forest on the other side of the mountains could be where the elven nation was(?) where their exodus began. Perhaps put both of the cities you mentioned closer to/in that region of Iruladdun. Gonna try and keep the areas mentioned in kingdom information in tact for now (so the one region you mentioned would be undead controlled).

This is good stuff man!

Alright well I'm going to work on Raeldar somewhat, looks like Basil has a good idea for gnomes. Do you guys think I should start a game with separate threads for this stuff or just keep it here for now?

Updated the Arcane magic house rule, please take a look. Anyone want to help me work on the world some more this weekend?

House Rule: Feats, Skills, and Weapon Damage

FEATS:
  • You will acquire feats normally but every race gets 2 feats at first level, not just humans.
  • Upon reaching enough XP to gain a feat (3rd, 6th, 9th, etc) you must spend your level number of days training and focusing on the feat.

SKILLS:
  • You will acquire skills normally as per your class. All races get 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
  • Upon reaching third level, 6th level, 9th level, (the feat levels), you may instead decide to swap a feat you would take for a +5 to any class skill of your choice. You may not do this at first level. You may not do this multiple times to a single skill. This bonus WOULD stack will a skill focus feat.

WEAPON DAMAGE/ARMOR RATINGS ETC:
I'm looking into this but I'm thinking about using some unearthed arcana rules on this perhaps to make things a bit more interesting since the world is going to be less magic item focused and more focused on types of weapons/armor/agility in combat. I think it'll give it a more gritty feel and that's what I'm looking for.

I've been working on the various kingdoms/regions in the world of Evras I'm almost finished with Raeldar and I'm working on cities/towns/fleshing out details now. Here is what I've come up with.

You could have adventurers, treasure seekers, biologists, wanted men etc. in and around Legon.
Some ancient ruins of a lost era could take up residence in the forest.
And you could go with tribes inhabiting it unknown in the ever changing world.
Since not many people go into the forest, lots of rumors circulate about that place.
Old wives tales etc.
The truth is several tribes eat their fellow tribesman.
Each year there is a manhunt for whoever they think needs to be eaten.
And not because they have a strange taste for food but they deem it necessary.
They believe a demon inhabits the people and by eating the person they think is the demon they are safe until the next person is suspect to being the...
So these forest people live in constant fear and will do anything to save their asses from their family, friends and neighbors.
And if its a real demon of a backwards tradition is for the players to find out.
Maybe it has something to do with the ruins?

Three things.
1. The overview of kingdoms lists Thalreth as an island.
It's... not, according to the map. It's a hilly, sparsely wooded area on the southwest side of the continent, the farthest from Glarmion out of all of them, really.

2. Am I missing something, or does Glarmion not have its own personal description yet? I have a lot of experience with Undead-heavy and low-magic campaigns, and would love to get to write that part.

3. This has probably already been said at some point, but though I agree mostly with what's been done to Arcane casting, I urge you to reconsider teleportation and summoning. I'm not asking to completely re-allow them, that would be silly. Instead, re-allow teleportation magics of Dimension Door's range or shorter, with each spell being one spell level higher, and require line of effect to the destination. You can cross a field with it, but you can't go through walls. Summoning spells, simply increase their spell levels by 1 and don't allow anything past Summon Monster/Nature's Ally/Undead V, and don't allow it to summon Elementals or Outsiders. This would make the utility the spells provide fair without allowing players to easily break the game with it - effectively, the cost and the oomph of the spell match up this way.

Not to sound critical but.. From a geographic perspective. (I'm a Geographer by trade) That map makes my brain hurt. 8D
looks completely unnatural. But it is a fantasy map so not that improtant.