We are all MAD here! - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

We are all MAD here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinGin View Post
Nitpick: Tiamat is commonly referred to as female, especially in D&D/Pathfinder.
Thank you! I did not know that. I will try to make the corrections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxgul View Post
You are assuming that this is how it is set in stone going to end, and that is wrong. I will obviously change the game on how my players react, this is just my original idea on how I think it it probably that my characters will respond, because most good GM's can tell (with a margin for error) how their party will react. So, no, their decisions will be important.
You have a remarkably specific ending for the game written out for someone who's going to react to the party's decisions. My apologies if I misinterpreted your intentions.

If the whole thing is a hallucination(s)... I don't see them having much choice. Seems sort of just a different form of 'rocks fall, party dies' / gets put in straight jackets - no matter what. No matter what they (think) they are doing.

I'd rather it all be real. Not a hallucination(s). It's plenty 'fantasy' as it is without. But again - not really my cup of tea as it is. I'm likely not a great source for you. This may be something others think really sounds cool. With or without a few tweaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Caleb View Post
I was sort of thinking something like that in terms of just the PC build being already decided (at least some of their aspect). (Does it really matter what psychosis and Race each PC is?...) If you are going to do that. You would think they should have a lot of impact on the game outcome. Or if not on the game - then on their PC builds. But ya - both of those being already, largely 'scripted'...
I allowed my characters their choice in race, class, and somewhat in insanity. It was a roll, so it was entirely random and fair, and so far, despite what some might to think as a nuisance, they LOVE their insanity, they love roleplaying it and the crazy situations in which it gets them. It already has had a large impact on the game, and I am constantly adjusting my plan to fit what they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis25 View Post
You have a remarkably specific ending for the game written out for someone who's going to react to the party's decisions. My apologies if I misinterpreted your intentions.
None taken. I have put a lot of planning into this, and have several alternate endings depending on what they do, this is simply currently the more likely, and personally my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Caleb View Post
If the whole thing is a hallucination(s)... I don't see them having much choice. Seems sort of just a different form of 'rocks fall, party dies' / gets put in straight jackets - no matter what. No matter what they (think) they are doing.

I'd rather it all be real. Not a hallucination(s). It's plenty 'fantasy' as it is without. But again - not really my cup of tea as it is. I'm likely not a great source for you. This may be something others think really sounds cool. With or without a few tweaks.
My idea is that they will have free choice, until the end, and if they don't like the ending, they can finish the game in all Pathfinder. I will be having a sort of "Are you sure you want to continue moment" before the fight Dolus, and I will be requesting them to save their current stuff so they can go back and do whatever they want.

Ah... I missed that it had started. Got it. Interesting. *Also glad to see there are alternate endings possible.

It being real - might sort of ruin the "Dolus means deceit" foreboding. But... I'd just would sort of feel cheated. Or scammed. For it to have all been a dream / hallucination.

Well, either way - I hope it is enjoyed by all. Good luck and happy gaming and GMing.