Kingmaker... In The Linnorm Kingdoms - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Kingmaker... In The Linnorm Kingdoms

Kingmaker... In The Linnorm Kingdoms

Hello members of the weave!

I am currently preparing to run The Kingmaker adventure path, but with the added twist of it taking place in Golarion's viking region of The Linnorm Kingdoms rather than between Brevoy and The River Kingdoms.

This of course requires a new map, and adjustments of the encounters to compensate for taking place in a much colder environment. I have what I have completed of the map in an attachment. As for the concept of this adventure path, its core concept is the same: Explore the forest and clear out the renegades hanging out there. However, there are a few other issues that I could use advice with: The location I have chosen to set the adventure path is much closer to large settlements than in the original adventure path. Aside from the party easily being able to go and pick up gear on the own with less than a day's ride, this potentially opens up a political edge to the game that isn't present in the original version (at least not in "Stolen Lands"). Something I'm all for of course, but has anyone else here ever tried running a heavily modified version of Kingmaker? What are your suggestions about these changes? What are your suggestions for what to add to the map in terms of locations and encounters?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Linnorm Kingmaker.jpg (154.4 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kingmaker in The Linnorm Kingdoms.pdf (1.53 MB, 0 views)

Ooh. That sounds quite cool, actually. I was just thinking the other day that I needed a Viking game!