The Leprechaun - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

The Leprechaun

The Leprechaun

So after running a movie marathon of watching the good ol' Leprechaun movies and the newest one about his origins; I came up with an idea to create an evil character concept version of his using either pathfinder or Dnd. Although I have come at a lack of classes to build or use for him except for the two key factors:

1) Greed Sense or Divination, since he always can locate his gold via scent or some strange magical scent that identifies them as his
2) Teleportation (Either Limited or At-will) He is magically capable of reappearing in different areas and locations.

It seems to me a Gnome, small fey-type or possibly even a cursed human child might work...

Advice only valid for pathfinder:

A gnome wizard (teleporation subschool so you can teleport as a swift action from 1st level) or gnome with the sorcerer (fey bloodline) would be the easiest way to go about it...but well if you want to be fancier:

Gnome with the magician bard archetype with the expanded repertoire you can grab divination and Teleportation.

Pathfinder also has leprechauns which are pretty nice: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...fey/leprechaun

Now everything else depend on what CR you want him as. Divination is a 4th level spell, so on spellcasters at least 7 levels, teleport is a 5th level spell in general, so 9 levels of full spellcasters.

Hmmmm, Sorcerer or Bard would be a better idea as their magic seems more innate than practiced, but the fey bloodline seems to fight much better...

The Pathfinder Leprechaun does a good job of depicting the Leprechaun, although it does depict the vicious grudge holding side that a leprechaun can have...

As for the CR, the Leprechauns can turn you into one of them by biting you like a lycan can....

Although I had it more of an idea of making him the tormentor for a group of adventures that stumble upon his gold or possible finding a village that had taken the leprechaun's gold. Would the adventures help the townsfolk that tried to sacrifice them to a leprechaun for their greed or simply kill the leprechaun?

That is what I was thinking of doing and possible doing a custom sense ability for gold...

The Greed's Curse:
Type (Curse): Injury
Save (Fort): 17 Save to negate; (Will) 17 to avoid effects
Onset: On the Seventh Day; Frequency: Every third night until he satisfies his own lust for gold
Effect: The target transforms into a Leprechaun under the DMs control until the next morning

They have a Leprechaun in the D&D v2 (AD&D) monster manual. I'm not sure if that's what you'd be into, but you could use it as a template and flesh it out with some bonus illusion and divination spells.