Rambling Space Wizard

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Ruins of Azlant

Ruins of Azlant - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion

Ruins of Azlant

Flavor
The End of an Age

Thousands of years ago, a barrage of meteors called forth from the vastness of space by humanity's greatest enemies rained down on Golarion, cutting short the remarkable human empire of Azlant while plunging the world into an era of darkness. Since then, the shattered continent of Azlant has lured intrepid explorers to its broken shores, but few have the mettle to survive in the remains of this dangerous and mysterious land. Now, a hopeful expedition has established a colony on one of the nearest islands across the sea, but danger has struck the fledgling settlement. An ancient enemy was accidentally released from its prison and has resumed its millennium-old machinations to punish the hubris of humanity once again. Can the adventurers survive in a faraway land and track down this enigmatic being before its sinister plans can come to fruition?

Adventure
The Last Outpost

The Ruins of Azlant Adventure Path begins with the adventurers standing on the deck of a ship ready to make landfall at their new home. However, dread settles in as they notice that the colony is empty and abandoned. Tasked with uncovering the whereabouts of the prior group of colonists, the adventurers go ashore and explore the deserted settlement. Uncovering strange evidence leads the adventurers across the island, where they encounter two survivors who can give them clues as to the fate of the rest of the first wave of settlers. Can the adventurers survive long enough to discover what truly befell the fledgling colony?

The Nitty Gritty
Introduction

Welcome to Talmandor’s Bounty! I am Arcaneshield, and I will be your Dungeon Master!

Details

This campaign will be going through the Ruins of Azlant adventure path by Paizo, starting with the first adventure: The Lost Outpost by Jim Groves. Ideally we will follow our colonists, scavengers, and aquanauts through all six adventures. They will beset by all manner of dangers above and below the sea, as well as the secrets found within ancient azlanti ruins.

Number of Players: I'm looking for five brave or foolhardy souls looking for a new life across the sea.

Player's Guide: Please don't forget to read the player's guide provided by paizo before applying.

Character Creation: Details can be found here. Please direct specific character creation related questions to the thread located here.

Applications: When you're ready to apply, please check this thread for details on applying. Please create a thread here with your application.

Deadline: Applications will no longer be accepted after January 11th at 11:59 PM CST. Final applicants will be chosen by the 14th, and the game will begin by the 18th at the latest.

The mysteries of Azlant await!

Addendum
To everyone who applied for my Mummy's Mask game in october, I'm so very sorry! I had a RL emergency that put my ability to run a game into question for a variety of factors. Things have worked themselves out, and so I'm coming at this again with lessons learned and a new adventure path! Fingers crossed. Edit: If there's anything from your old application you want, I can PM you from the archives.

Game Description:

Thousands of years ago, a barrage of meteors called forth from the vastness of space by humanity's greatest enemies rained down on Golarion, cutting short the remarkable human empire of Azlant while plunging the world into an era of darkness. Since then, the shattered continent of Azlant has lured intrepid explorers to its broken shores, but few have the mettle to survive in the remains of this dangerous and mysterious land. Now, a hopeful expedition has established a colony on one of the nearest islands across the sea, but danger has struck the fledgling settlement. An ancient enemy was accidentally released from its prison and has resumed its millennium-old machinations to punish the hubris of humanity once again. Can the adventurers survive in a faraway land and track down this enigmatic being before its sinister plans can come to fruition?

Last edited by arcaneshield; Dec 22 '18 at 8:13am..
I've added a pregame in-character thread for you to enjoy. It's also perfectly canon, as you've all managed to weather the various rounds of interviews until this evening, waiting with baited breath to see if you will be one of the chosen few to accompany this expedition..

IC reflects OOC. Aren't I so very clever? :P