Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Planefinder

Planefinder - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion

Setting: Golarion Cosmology
Seeking: 4 to 5 Players
Deadline: January 22nd

Your powerful party has recently acquired Planar Keystone to the Astral Plane, you came seeking the legends of a powerful artifact, split across the planes:

The Rod of Seven Parts

Yulgamot, is the only safe city in the Astral Plane for planar travelers and there is one, in particular, you came to see...Silka, a female wyrdwood investigator famous for finding lost people and things. Many clues seem to indicate that the first part of the rod is somewhere in the Astral plane and she is your best chance at finding it.

The game is intended to be multi-genre, as fitting of the different planes that your party will visit and its various denizen. Visit to the Material world (Golarion) won't be the main focus.

Starting Levels and Basics
Level 8, 25 point buy, Max Hit points at 1st level, roll past 1st level.
Emerging Guns.
33,000 gp to spend on gear, no single magic item can be worth more than 9000 gp.
2 traits.
No Evil Alignment.
No pre-crafting.
Not using the feat tax rules, so don't ask.
All Paizo PFRG Materials
All Legendary Games
DSP Psionics and Akashic Mysteries
Akashic Trinity (City of 7 Seraphs)
Alternate Paths from Little Red Goblin Games

Leadership and Monstrous Cohorts
I do not mind people picking up the leadership feat for cohorts (Monstrous or humanoids), but a cohort isn't a PC, so stuffs to keep in mind:
-Cohorts are built like npc with the Heroic Array and also npc wealth (heroic ones).
-Just like npc, they have average hit points, no need to roll for that.
-Monstrous Cohorts just follow the usual rules.

House Rules and Additional Rules
-Background Skills
-Dynamic Magic Item Creation
-Combat Stamina Fighter start with Combat Stamina at 1st level for free. Other classes can pick up the feat.
-Group Initiative
-Plane shift requires specific Tuning Forks as described in Planar Adventures and have a cost depending on their rarity.

Questions? Post here
Applications? Post there

Game Description:

A cross planar adventure, with adventurers traveling the Great Beyond within Golarion Cosmology.

Last edited by Rogers; Jan 9 '19 at 2:10pm..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskblade View Post
So, you mention all Legendary games as OK, and emerging guns. I take it Mechs are probably right out then?
Mechs are fine. Arcforge Technology Expanded is a nice supplement. Reminder that we are using Golarion Cosmology, which does include Numeneria the land of fallen stars (where Iron Gods adventure path takes place and various advanced technology are available there), many alien planets and worlds, Technically also our Earth I believe currently in the year 1919. Technically also among the demiplanes of the setting you can find Worldscape (which includes Barsoom/John carter from Mars and various other classic settings) or the Machine Armory demiplane.

In general the setting of PFRPG is Fantasy Tech, where people are aware that firearms and various advanced technology exist but the prices are standard (like the ones in the technology guide) , firearms are exotic etc... Emerging guns is simply listed as default...that's mostly the case for most of Golarion and the planes. Many people in the setting, don't really develop a lot of tech, since they can do what they want with Magic.

Anyway Legendary Games Arcforge Technology Expanded, Robot Summoner, Cyborg, Magitech Archetypes etc...are all good to use.

wheres a good resource for weird, maybe tech, armor?.... it's more for flava and can just be magic... just kind of wanted to maybe do a semi-tech/steampunkesque armor....

could i maybe have a helmet that works as a Necklace of Adaptation.... ? and I'll just describe my magic items as part of the armor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogers View Post
Anyway Legendary Games Arcforge Technology Expanded, Robot Summoner, Cyborg, Magitech Archetypes etc...are all good to use.
You had my interest before, now you have my attention. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakestendor View Post
wheres a good resource for weird, maybe tech, armor?.... it's more for flava and can just be magic... just kind of wanted to maybe do a semi-tech/steampunkesque armor....

could i maybe have a helmet that works as a Necklace of Adaptation.... ? and I'll just describe my magic items as part of the armor?
Changing slots for magic items is another story, so usually most of times, wouldn't suggest it.

Depends what you mean by Weird but in general, Numeneria the land of fallen stars has alien technology but most of the time, it's not cheap to say the least.

As for how items, aethestic not changing slots and the likes...it is quite honestly up to your character. If someone wants to run around with a rainbow full plate armor, they are welcome to do so.

@Yamazaki: Ah fun times ahead.

@Rogers so when you say all PF stuff is allowed, does that mean I can take Sacred Geometry? I've got a concept I've been trying to get into a game forever, but most GMs frown on Sacred Geometry (and Arithmancy, and I get it).

Aside from being a math wizard, I might want to refluff the race a bit, although it would just be visual really. All the Paizo races are kosher here, too, right? Not that I'm trying to be a centaur or a gargoyle or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foiler View Post
@Rogers so when you say all PF stuff is allowed, does that mean I can take Sacred Geometry? I've got a concept I've been trying to get into a game forever, but most GMs frown on Sacred Geometry (and Arithmancy, and I get it).

Aside from being a math wizard, I might want to refluff the race a bit, although it would just be visual really. All the Paizo races are kosher here, too, right? Not that I'm trying to be a centaur or a gargoyle or anything.
Yeah Sacred Geometry is available. It is nice but honestly with the planes modifying magic already and each in different ways, Sacred Geometry is just okay.

Pathfinder has so many races, can't really list them all from dark folks related (Caligni), Protean native outsiders (Ganzis), to Aphorite (Axis/law planes races), Shabti, Samsaran, various variants of the races, races from various planes, Pathfinder comics feature some races etc... but yeah all the Golarion races are available except some that are deemed a little too much above normal. Pure Blooded Azlanti, Drow Nobles, comes to mind and various other monstrous races the ones with 30 RP+ are not available.

Bloodforge races (DSP) are available, Psionic races are available (DSP), Akashic races (DSP), various races from Little Red Goblin Supplements.

Legendary Games have a couple of races like Wyrmtouched and some others that I'm losing track of.

I technically have other books with races...but well, unless it is requested, not really going to bother too much with it, beside showing up as the occasional npc in the great beyond.

@Rogers cool. It's not about the power level, it's a theme thing. I'll take a look at some of the more exotic races, but I could just use the Ratfolk's stats as-is but flavor it that I'm a bird instead of a rat, if that's ok and I don't find something that fits better.

@Madkerik Yeah still open until the deadline.
@The Foiler I see but well, don't really even need to go super exotic. Aasimaar can look like bird people (Garuda-blooded or Agathion Blooded in particular).