Across Distant Worlds

Old Nov 17 '17, 8:37am
Elder Dragon

Across Distant Worlds

Across Distant Worlds - Forum
Pathfinder
Ad Closes: Dec 1 '17
Estimated Members Requested: 2

My name is Nullyrian, and I am reopening recruitment for my campaign, Across Distant Worlds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Across Distant Worlds takes place in a sandbox setting where characters must strike a balance between venturing to remember themselves and standing for the newfound purposes they discover. Players will enact the part of a character whose memories were stolen. They know not by whom, nor the motivation behind these deeds. Yet, the reality of the situation bursts to the forefront with every action they take and the events that unfold as a result. The setting is one of dualities; innocence and horror, anguish and perceverence. Ultimately, you will forge your own story. At the beginning of the game, you will start with the choice of a single purely martial class - Rogue, Fighter, Barbarian, Slayer, etc. - and as you progress, you will uncover old traditions and religions, arcana and old lineages, which will unlock potential class paths for you. Essentially, you will uncover classes based off of your actions in the game, and then potentially retrain your characters later on. There will be ample time for retraining, so no worries on that end.

If you are interested, apply here.
Character Creation Rules are here.
For Q&A, look here.
Rules are here.
As an additional read, it's not necessary, but I hold myself to standards, too.

I'm going to be doing something differently in the recruitment process. This ad will be up for two weeks. The week following the end of the application period will be dedicated to interviews, a part 2 of sorts, with myself and our two current party members. In this part of the recruitment process, we will see if you are a good fit for the group. Anywho, here is what we are missing from our group:

- A textbook (knowledge skills mainly)
- A face (Self explanatory)
- A support (there is no healer, nor will the bard or similar classes be initially available, but the party does lack this set of skills)

To summarize, we are looking for people whose intentions will be to fill those holes in the future. At the moment, everyone lacks magic, but as the game progresses, these roles and others will be discussed and covered as the group adventures forward.

The current party consists of Masarotto, a Cavalier, and Bosk, a Brawler.

Going forward, those of you who are accepted will work with my two players to fill the holes in your group, and progress forward as a whole, but that is a given. We look forward to your applications, and we wish you a wonderful day.

Last edited by Nullyrian; Nov 17 '17 at 9:04am..
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foiler View Post
'Fighter' makes me think of 8-Bit Theater. Swordchucks!

Definitely going to roll up a Sacred Geometry Donald Duck for my next app. Don't like the Tengu, though, so I'd be open to any avian race suggestions.
'Fighter' or at least that old one I made was based off the 8-bit theater one to start. XD and grew to something so much more terrifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foiler View Post
'Fighter' makes me think of 8-Bit Theater. Swordchucks!

Definitely going to roll up a Sacred Geometry Donald Duck for my next app. Don't like the Tengu, though, so I'd be open to any avian race suggestions.
If you're going bird-like, there is an avian variation of aasimar called Garuda. You can check with the GM to see if it's allowed.

Also, swordchucks = win!

One week remains to get an app in.

Just under a day left, guys, gals, and non-binary pals.

Hi i was wondering if could join don't mind playing a healer ^_^
Still kinda new when it comes to pathfinder ^^ but sounds fun to try this game

I'm afraid you're cuttin' real close to the deadline, friend! In the future, when you find a game you want to try joining, find the link to its forum in its first post and look through any requirements it may have.