Mummy's Mask: Ancient Egypt Revisited

Old Nov 21 '17, 5:52pm
Songbird Extraordinaire

Mummy's Mask: Ancient Egypt Revisited

Mummy's Mask - Forum
Pathfinder
Ad Closes: Nov 28 '17
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Have you ever dreamed of exploring ancient Egyptian sites and finding glorious relics of a long forgotten past? Or being chased by whatever creepy crawlies may be hiding in every ornate vase, around every corner, just waiting for a chance to strike? Well, here's your chance!

This Adventure Path, set in the nation of Osirion—Golarion’s answer to the wonder and mystery of our own real-world Egypt—is full of everything you’d expect: ancient sand-choked ruins, dusty tombs, majestic pyramids, enigmatic sphinxes, and of course, mummies!

I would be looking for three (or four, depending on the party composition) applicants. Two characters have already been accepted: a human occultist and a half orc cleric. I am looking to have a party of five (possibly six) to start off the adventure path.

Application guidelines can be found here

Game Description:

The ancient lands of Osirion are blanketed by the sands of time, and eldritch secrets and vast riches lay just beneath the sun-blistered surface. As modern Osirion opens its vaults and tombs to outsiders for the first time in centuries, many of these lost treasures and secrets are now emerging—some more troublesome than others.

Hakotep I, a now-forgotten pharaoh, was robbed upon his burial. A secret sect took his heart and his funerary mask, both containing a portion of his soul. Betrayed the chance to pass on into the afterlife during his burial, Hakotep has existed in a state between life and death for millennia. The recent rediscovery of one of these lost soul fragments has allowed the trapped pharaoh to once again work in this world to redress the wrongs committed against him, and a cult worshipping him as a god-king grows in the heart of Osirion.

Can a group of heroes brave terrible guardians, foul cults, and the burning sands of the desert to stop the rebirth of this ancient tyrant?

Oof, that's a tight deadline. I'd really love to play in The Mummy's Mask, but since I'll be away with family from tomorrow until next Monday, I probably won't have a chance to put a character together... Do you think there's much chance of the deadline being extended at all?

I've got a concept for a Shabti that never really fit into the settings I've come across, he seems perfect for this one. Should have a full app in tonight. I do love some ancient Egypt Osirion

Edit: OK my app is actually done already.

Oof, just a day too late. I had a great character for this one too. Ah well, if you find yourself wanting another person later on, keep me in mind.

Per the site rules "Ad threads should be closed when no more applications are being accepted. An open ad thread is a clear indication that applications are still being accepted."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcoremortis View Post
Oof, just a day too late. I had a great character for this one too. Ah well, if you find yourself wanting another person later on, keep me in mind.
Its still the 28th in most of the world. The application end date is the 28th.

I think the question arises from the fact that the ad says up there that the closing date was Nov. 27.

Eternalsinger clarified over on the game forum that the deadline is in fact tonight, the 28th (I think it's at midnight Pacific time, if I recall correctly), so like IshanDeston says, there's still time left.