Gamma World/ Fallout/ Shadowrun d20 rules

Old Nov 16 '17, 9:48pm
Great Wyrm

Gamma World/ Fallout/ Shadowrun d20 rules

Gamma World Meets Shadowrun Meets Fallout - Forum
D20 System - Inverse World
Estimated Members Requested: 4

I am looking to start a Gamma World game with some changes. Magic exists in the world and parts of the world have a Shadowrun feel. The starting is taken from Fallout, living in a fall out shelter and have to leave it to find out what happen to the outside world.

If more people apply I will take a max of 8 PCs. See game area for rules.

Game Description:

There is a crash and the lights go out. Living in a fall out shelter all your life this has never happen. You have trained for this.
it could be anything, a breach at the gate where they outside world is invading, a power outage where the power plant is down, maybe it's a drill but you don't think so.

You and your 3 neighbors open the doors and look at each other in the glow of the red emergency power lights. You better go find out what's going on....

so i got some interest but apps started

I'll be starting an app tonight.

As for skills, just been spoiled with 5E and Pathfinder skill lists. But it's cool. Just relearned that what takes 4 skills in 5E takes 10 in D20Modern. Forgot, as it's been so long

The prob with of and merging skills was they did not reduce points so you got a crap load of points compared to 3.5 but the whole of system was ramped up as well as fixing problems. I do like it and there may be a point you can take some of the of merged skills in game

I just find it odd that you opted to go with D20Modern rather than Shadowrun. I've used the latter in a Fallout style game before and it worked quite well. It only seems strange to me sicne you're trying to capture some of that flavor without using the system itself. It even has rules for mutants and whatnot in some of the older versions of the game.

That said, I've been looking over the options in D20Modern trying to see if something jumps out at me as being interesting. I haven't said anything yet because, well, I haven't found anything I like so far. Hahaha.

Look at gamma world d20 has more options as well look over the house rules there are some new classes too.

I am not using shadowrun as base as using gamma world as base and adding shadowrun races and magic into that setting. But u will see how it interacts with the game as u play u won't start out casting magic or being a metahuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathgon View Post
The prob with of and merging skills was they did not reduce points so you got a crap load of points compared to 3.5 but the whole of system was ramped up as well as fixing problems. I do like it and there may be a point you can take some of the of merged skills in game
Yeah, I just feel its weird that a scout, for example, to be proficient at the physical skills, he needs to use all his skill points on that, and have nothing left for other things, like biology, or something. Unless you have an 18 in intelligence.

As I said, its okay, just feels a little limiting looking back.

So we can play different races as well then?
Hmmm..... now I'm even more interested. Also since you mentioned magic, is there any magic like that of say a 'warlock' in 3.5? Or pretty much divine or sorcery?

So we would be 1st generation mutants, right?
And the world doesn't have any mutants yet?
Is a % of the population going to mutant or are all humans going to mutate?
What about animals? Will they mutate as well?
And do we have to mutate into elves, dwarves, halfings, etc... or can we mutant into plants, animals, and other classic Gamma World type stuff?
This idea kinda has a Thundarr the Barbarian vibe going on (for me at least). Is this the type of world you are dreaming up?

That is when u use option rules that gives you life skills as bonus skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcwbigstick View Post
So we can play different races as well then?
Hmmm..... now I'm even more interested. Also since you mentioned magic, is there any magic like that of say a 'warlock' in 3.5? Or pretty much divine or sorcery?
Well yes but not to start it's based on shadowrun magic so