Make Your Mark in Glaetan

Old Nov 19 '17, 8:05pm
PARTY HARD!

Make Your Mark in Glaetan

World of Glaetan - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

This game is an open world building game that can influence future games. Each player will participate in an individual game with the dungeon master. That player will help build locations, items, lore, and much more. Player characters may even cross paths with other player characters. Good characters and evil characters are welcome.

Your character will make an impact on the world. Each player will select their level of impact on a scale of 1 to 5. This will determine the length of your game and it's influence on the world.

Impact
1- I live a very simple life. I am well known in a small village.

2- I'm popular. There are circles of people that know my name.

3- My reputation is far and wide, much like a celebrity.

4- I am a powerful figure in this realm, much like a politician.

5- Everyone knows my name. Even saying my name will make people feel. I am a legend. My influence has touched everyone.

Your character can be a hero adventurer, an evil overlord, a simple baker, an artificer of weapons, an alchemist of special potions, and more.

Application: create a new thread titled "YOUR USERNAME - IMPACT #," post your character ideas, such as goals, desires, etc. Do not make a character sheet. This is a thread to discuss your character before the game begins. This game is always accepting new applications.

PS - Yeah, it's a dumb name, but I used a name generator, so...yeah.

Game Description:

This is an open-ended worldbuilding game.

Last edited by ulyth; Nov 19 '17 at 8:50pm..
So, you say worldbuilding game. Is that a big part of the goal? To build the world? Because I am trying to figure out how the game will work if someone has an Impact 1, vs an Impact 5, character.

Building the world is the main goal, and each player can create characters of various impacts that can affect the setting, story, or gameplay.

An impact 1 character can be as simple as a man wanting to open a tavern. He goes on an adventure or two to gain money and resources to build the tavern in a small town. At the end of the story the tavern is complete, the character becomes a mainstay NPC, and other characters may visit this tavern in future games.

An impact 5 character is someone that has great plans and goals, such as an evil character that wants to conquer the realm. Maybe at the end of his campaign the character finds a way to become a powerful lich that will act as a legendary enemy monster in a future game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
New to 5e (I'm a 3.5 type :P ) but this looks interesting. How would you feel about someone playing 2 characters?
Lets start with one character, but at the end of one story you can create a new character for a new story.

I'm wondering if something a little more free form might be better for this... Allow for collaborative writing without mechanics slowing things down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulyth View Post
Lets start with one character, but at the end of one story you can create a new character for a new story.
Yeah, that's what I meant :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuaqchi View Post
I'm wondering if something a little more free form might be better for this... Allow for collaborative writing without mechanics slowing things down.
I'm using D&D 5E because that is what I am most familiar with (aside from World Wide Wrestling), and I do my best to streamline the gameplay so that things don't get too slow. I also give players a chance to fill in a lot of gaps and flavor.