Modern Era National Ability Scores - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Modern Era National Ability Scores

So... lemme get this straight... you start a thread that's bordering on trolling... where you make fun of peoples' nationalities... and then when it manages to somehow start a legitimate conversation on the nature of human differences and the stereotypes that arise... THAT is when the thread goes into territory you're uncomfortable with?

Huh. I thought of something that could be hilarious. Know what we need to do? We need to get a group together. And go troll the trolls. By joining their threads and having real intelligent conversations on the issues. In their troll-threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaNari View Post
Huh. I thought of something that could be hilarious. Know what we need to do? We need to get a group together. And go troll the trolls. By joining their threads and having real intelligent conversations on the issues. In their troll-threads.
ROFLgenius.

Ah, that'd be epic.

After a few months, it'd get popular... and then the actual trolls would start emulating us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impfireball View Post
Say, if we're creating a lesbian PrC
I've decided to make it an Extraordinary Ability:

Quote:
Extraordinary Abilities (Ex)

Extraordinary abilities are nonmagical, though they may break the laws of physics. They are not something that just anyone can do or even learn to do without extensive training.

These abilities cannot be disrupted in combat, as spells can, and they generally do not provoke attacks of opportunity. Effects or areas that negate or disrupt magic have no effect on extraordinary abilities. They are not subject to dispelling, and they function normally in an antimagic field.

Using an extraordinary ability is usually not an action because most extraordinary abilities automatically happen in a reactive fashion. Those extraordinary abilities that are actions are standard actions unless otherwise noted.
I like it.

Quote:
So... lemme get this straight... you start a thread that's bordering on trolling... where you make fun of peoples' nationalities... and then when it manages to somehow start a legitimate conversation on the nature of human differences and the stereotypes that arise... THAT is when the thread goes into territory you're uncomfortable with?
No, it goes into territory that I'm sure the mods would be uncomfortable with (unless they post here and confirm otherwise).

We can joke all we like about national differences, but when you get into more sensitive subject matter, that's where a line needs drawing. Just saying. I'm not the authority the mods are. If you value this thread, don't anger the mods. I'm not gonna create a new thread to address this subject if they close it.

Quote:
I've decided to make it an Extraordinary Ability:
So, 'Can Pass for Gay' would be a feat then?

Quote:
After a few months, it'd get popular... and then the actual trolls would start emulating us.
The only flaw with your plan is that you go with the assumption that all trolls aren't at least as intelligent as you, however.

1- I can't say I find that to be a great loss, no.
2- You screwed some part of the grammar there. I'm not sure if that's a double or triple negative. Trolls and their respective intelligence compared to myself. Whichever point you were trying to make.

In any case, the answer is the same. Some are probably smarter than me. The great majority are not. Just like the rest of the human race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impfireball View Post
If you value this thread, don't anger the mods. I'm not gonna create a new thread to address this subject if they close it.
The solution, then, seems obvious.
Let loose the trolls!

Quote:
1- I can't say I find that to be a great loss, no.
2- You screwed some part of the grammar there. I'm not sure if that's a double or triple negative. Trolls and their respective intelligence compared to myself. Whichever point you were trying to make.

In any case, the answer is the same. Some are probably smarter than me. The great majority are not. Just like the rest of the human race.
I have no clue what you're talking about. Sounds like rambling.