Eclipse Phase - Character Sheet - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Eclipse Phase - Character Sheet

Eclipse Phase - Character Sheet

This website is in desperate need of a better Eclipse Phase character sheet. The one up now is just terrible. I mean, having to write in all the skills yourself? That's just brutal to begin with. But on top of that, they don't even fit the spaces given for them. Nothing calculates as you do it, making it double brutal. Anyone know how these things work? I might even be able to get my gumption up and post a better one if I knew anything about how they are submitted/obtained/whatever.

I found one. Site folks should consider using this sheet as their base. The link in the top post that says (New Link) is the the up to date version of a player made character sheet for Eclipse Phase that even calculates!

http://www.eclipsephase.com/my-newes...timate-edition

It's been discussed but Eclipse Phase is (sadly) just not that commonly-played a game so I don't think it's a terribly high priority (though, just widening those skills boxes would be quite an easy fix, I think).

Most people just use BBcode to write a "sheet" in a post, and that works pretty well. It's more flexible, and though skills are a pain I just use Excel for that myself (like a pro); I'm not sure what everyone else does.

Of course you can use another pdf sheet and just upload that somewhere or link to it or whatever, if you prefer.

There's also the fact that EC 2.0 is coming "any day now." So if there is a rebuild of the sheet, it'll likely come after th new edition has been offically released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
There's also the fact that EC 2.0 is coming "any day now." So if there is a rebuild of the sheet, it'll likely come after th new edition has been officially released.
Ah yes. The sheet was condensed a bit, and personally I find it to be too barebones. Like someone ate the fish and spat out it's skeleton. The framework is not fully set, and it's still in open play test. I mean, the workbooks aren't even close to being complete from what I saw. Missing amounts of content are astounding. Not sure how I feel about the reworkings. However, I will say this. They have multiple character sheets for different editions of games, and that's what EP2 is. The Second edition of a game. It will have a different play style and character sheet. So they would thusly need to upload one for each edition like they have for all the other games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
It's been discussed but Eclipse Phase is (sadly) just not that commonly-played a game so I don't think it's a terribly high priority (though, just widening those skills boxes would be quite an easy fix, I think).

Most people just use BBcode to write a "sheet" in a post, and that works pretty well. It's more flexible, and though skills are a pain I just use Excel for that myself (like a pro); I'm not sure what everyone else does.

Of course you can use another pdf sheet and just upload that somewhere or link to it or whatever, if you prefer.
Yeah, but I fail the see a reason to not implement a fully functional and set-up character sheet where the majority of the work is already completed. I can understand the ideal of "We have to get these ones up first, because they're more popular." but if a game has any amount of community base (Which it does based on the activity on the EP forums.) they should at least get an up to date and not trashtastic sheet there for folks who may want to use it. My opinion is: The majority of the people who play EP don't use this site for it because the character sheet is so lackluster that there is literally no point in using it. It's hard to say though. I suppose it doesn't matter if I can just go offsite for a good one.

Er... not really. Not having a sheet at all isn't really that big a deal and it's no worse than most sites have; you can use a pdf sheet from elsewhere of just a post with bbcode. There's very little obligation for anyone to produce a sheet, and the fanbase for EP is just sadly not that big. I'm not aware of oodles of PbP games going on elsewhere, though I guess I wouldn't know; if people are there because that elsewhere has an awesome character sheet, then maybe you're right, but I don't know that that's the case.

From what I can tell of the code (i.e. very little) those narrow textboxes could just be replaced with wider ones, which ought to be a pretty easy fix, so may as well suggest it. It's still a job for someone to do, though, and to be honest there just hasn't been much call for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
Er... not really. Not having a sheet at all isn't really that big a deal and it's no worse than most sites have; you can use a pdf sheet from elsewhere of just a post with bbcode. There's very little obligation for anyone to produce a sheet, and the fanbase for EP is just sadly not that big. I'm not aware of oodles of PbP games going on elsewhere, though I guess I wouldn't know; if people are there because that elsewhere has an awesome character sheet, then maybe you're right, but I don't know that that's the case.

From what I can tell of the code (i.e. very little) those narrow textboxes could just be replaced with wider ones, which ought to be a pretty easy fix, so may as well suggest it. It's still a job for someone to do, though, and to be honest there just hasn't been much call for it.
Eh, either way it still needs an update. I pinged them through that other linked thing. EP is big enough, bigger than most realize actually. The thing is; they have their own forums where people tend to hang out. Largely because all the content is easily available there.

I'm more than happy to provide the typed up character sheet I wrote up almost a year ago. Better than nothing.