Player looking for a long term game. (Pathfinder, D&D 3.5 or lower, Etc.) - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Player looking for a long term game. (Pathfinder, D&D 3.5 or lower, Etc.)

Get yourself over to beta.ditzie.com

It allows anyone in your game to move tokens.

The games I run, we use ditzie for maps and google docs for record keeping. As the GM, I put up the AC/F/R/W the players need to hit, so they can fluff their posts knowing if they hit or not. ditzie allows them to push / pull / swap with / etc both their own tokens and the baddies.

An example of a ditzie map (my players are up to their armpits in hill giants atm) is here: Against the Giants mP

Feel free to move / play with things.

The beauty of this of course is that if it is midnight where you are, and 10 hours earlier where you players are, they don't need to ask you if they hit, as they know what they need, and they can move / slide / push / pull the baddies for when you get up.

Ooh ... and both systems are free ... I'd happily pay for ditzie though

NGP

Well I have Gates & Gorgons a fantasy game like D&D but rules light and with humor. I also have a low sorcery & swords game named Krone. I am thinking of luanching a third game as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiegameplayer View Post
Get yourself over to beta.ditzie.com

It allows anyone in your game to move tokens.

The games I run, we use ditzie for maps and google docs for record keeping. As the GM, I put up the AC/F/R/W the players need to hit, so they can fluff their posts knowing if they hit or not. ditzie allows them to push / pull / swap with / etc both their own tokens and the baddies.

An example of a ditzie map (my players are up to their armpits in hill giants atm) is here: Against the Giants mP

Feel free to move / play with things.

The beauty of this of course is that if it is midnight where you are, and 10 hours earlier where you players are, they don't need to ask you if they hit, as they know what they need, and they can move / slide / push / pull the baddies for when you get up.

Ooh ... and both systems are free ... I'd happily pay for ditzie though

NGP
How do you put a map on that website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Blackstone View Post
How do you put a map on that website?
You need to create an account here: ditzie.com

Then create your own album in the ditzie gallery (maps, tokens for players and baddies, spell effects, etc)

When you've made your album, it will be in this form: http://beta.ditzie.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=XXXXX

Delete the red highlighted text above, which will give you: http://beta.ditzie.com/XXXXX

Hit Enter, this will give you a page with everything in your album on a page.

Drag the item you want to make the map, ctrl+double left click on it -- click on the big blue X to make it full sized

Position it on the page where you want it (centralised, top left aligned, etc) then ctrl+double left click on it again and click on the blue portrait picture to Make Background

That is now your map background, and it has been set as the lowest value and is locked in place.

Click on the background anywhere and hit enter ... you'll notice the URL will give you a randomly generated code is put up:

I just did a quick one, here is an example, URL is this: http://beta.ditzie.com/31292/509109202425d

Link is here: Demo for Garrett

Drag a token from the top and put it somewhere on the map, hit enter again, and a new URL is generated.

From then on, anytime you or one of your players makes a change to the map, they hit enter, copy the URL and post it at the end of their post for the next person to use as their starting map ...

Easy Peasy ...

Any problems, feel free to send me a PM,

NGP

Hello and welcome.

Have to agree with you that the dice just really add the fun of unpredictability. Just when you need it to go right it can all go so wrong but it's all good fun and entertaining when things just don't go to plan due to the dice rolls.

Played in a game where pretty much the entire evening the dice were completely against us yet we were all laughing and having fun seeing everything just go completely wrong. We were criminals just freed from jail and we were out to get back in to the crime scene, except that even with our decent skills we ended up with a comedy sketch that would make you believe we were the worst criminals ever. We ended up back in jail by the end of the evening.

You're welcome Garrett ...

I would also like to apologise to the MW Moderators -- I wasn't trying to break the Advertising rules, and didn't even think I was until I was given a "gentle" reminder

My apologies again

Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
Hello and welcome.

Have to agree with you that the dice just really add the fun of unpredictability. Just when you need it to go right it can all go so wrong but it's all good fun and entertaining when things just don't go to plan due to the dice rolls.

Played in a game where pretty much the entire evening the dice were completely against us yet we were all laughing and having fun seeing everything just go completely wrong. We were criminals just freed from jail and we were out to get back in to the crime scene, except that even with our decent skills we ended up with a comedy sketch that would make you believe we were the worst criminals ever. We ended up back in jail by the end of the evening.
Hey Matty, Thanks.

Sounds like fun LOL. I say that's more fun than the opposite (Getting perfect rolls all night -- BORING)