Effective way of dealing with unfree labor (POWs) in modern setting - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Effective way of dealing with unfree labor (POWs) in modern setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by impfireball View Post
Unless it's a pacifist society. Anything is possible in fantasy, as long you explain it just enough to allow audience suspension.
As society - very peaceful. But finding among them a few bad apples, train them and send on frontline with expensive toys for big boys - easy.

Quote:
Maybe some explanation for why they can produce this stuff with pre-industrial equipment. Magic may be an acceptable answer, depending on what you're going for.
"lacks serious industrial base"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalar View Post
Y'know, the Soviets used that EXACT SAME TACTIC in World War II... and they shot the ones that tried to run instead of fight.

Edit: Also, where guns are concerned, infantry are cheap. You can outfit hundreds of soldiers for the cost of one tank, and they require less maintenance. You don't need mechanics, you don't need fuel, oil, and lubricants... just food, water, and ammo (which you'd need anyways with a mechanized force). Infantry are easy to train and quick to field, too.
Yes, I admit the tactics wouldn't be specially innovative, at least in early phases of war...

Nothing wrong with using established examples from history in your fantasy game... it adds verisimilitude, and that is a big win in my book.

I was more responding to the following question from Imp:
Quote:
Originally Posted by impfireball View Post
What kind of society uses so much as meat shields? Orcs? :P