@mentions and Quote Alerts - Page 9 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

@mentions and Quote Alerts

@Penchant it paginates after it gets longer than your posts per page setting, which could be between 10 and 30 I think.

Ah, okay. I have mine set at max so I hadn't noticed. That should be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
(...) Your feedback is appreciated and helps me figure out where to go next as we improve notifications
I clearly have no idea how goes the mechanics for this system, but if possible, I think the best approach would be an individual checkbox, just like we have on the posts inside the forum. Then we can check each and all of the messages we no longer wish visible, and let be those we would like to remain there, independently of them being old news or not.

If Coruja's suggestion is technically feasible, I wholeheartedly support it.

Only a -little- bit of thread necromancy, but is there a way to get the @ alerts tied into specific game systems?

For instance, if I could use @ Freeform to catch the attention of anyone who have selected that they want to follow for that notification? We have a few systems that are far less frequent than others. Things like world of darkness (both old and new) scion, Starwars D6, and freeform. I don't check the game ads every day, so I often miss games that I would have likely wanted to try. From my experience, they are also games where you aren't going to draw 50 applications for 4 game spots. You're lucky if you get the four you're looking for. Could help with a little bump.

Was there ever an @ mention for everyone playing in a particular game?
Like at everyone or at all (neither of those work). I remember it being discussed but I don’t know if it ever happened.

@TheRoot Not presently, no. It is something that has the potential to get implemented in the future at an indeterminate date. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
@TheRoot Not presently, no. It is something that has the potential to get implemented in the future at an indeterminate date. Sorry I can't be more specific.
No problem Colin, thanks. At least I can stop trying to do something that doesnít exist!

I don't know if this was already asked, but is there any possibility of having the site (optionally) push a "ping" sound to my computer if I'm logged in and something happens that would result in a notification? (either quote, @, or post to subscribed thread.) I know like, Google sites have this option now.