General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Doctor Regenerates!

I wouldn't push him if he didn't want to. Thats the kinda thing that makes actors just stop caring and they generally get crap when that happens. Better that he goes out on a high.

The next question is, how does the regeneration happen?

Ah, meant push as in they would continue with another season of 10th, not forcing him to continue playing if he didn't (though I suspect he'd play the Doctor until he dropped dead, from the interviews I saw of him)

Actually, it was Tennant himself who decided he didn't want to play the doctor any more. If I remember correctly, he's going to be touring with the
Which, when you think about it, is oddly appropriate,.
Shakespeare company.

It came as quite a shock when it was announced that Tennant. Of the Doctor's in the new series sofar I thought he was brilliant, mostly because of his style. Don't really know want to think of this new fellow.

Just jumped to the Wiki page. "At 26 years old, Smith is the youngest actor to portray the Doctor, two years younger than Peter Davison, who took on the role at the age of 29".

... Unless there's some hidden month-ness and rounding off, there's some wonky math there.

I've not watched a whole lot of Doctor Who, but... yeah. Different, sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeentch View Post
The next question is, how does the regeneration happen?
If we go with classic villains yet to show up... how about yet another surviving Timelord? Bring back The Rani. It would also acknowledge those who suggested a female Doctor if she somehow survived.

if you want to really freak people out, have Rose end up coming back. Her Doctor is dead (make it something really mundane and stupid, like getting hit by a car), and at the end of the program, something happens to Tennant that's so devastating that he needs to regenerate or he'll die for good... and Rose needs to 'kill' him to start the regeneration.

We also need a guest appearance of Catherine Tate, but as Lauren. I don't think she'll be bothered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticattack View Post
Just jumped to the Wiki page. "At 26 years old, Smith is the youngest actor to portray the Doctor, two years younger than Peter Davison, who took on the role at the age of 29".

... Unless there's some hidden month-ness and rounding off, there's some wonky math there.

I've not watched a whole lot of Doctor Who, but... yeah. Different, sure.
I think that its becuase he's 26 when he's cast, but its like 6 months until filming, & over a year till its shown. He's bound to be 27 by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeentch View Post
I think that its becuase he's 26 when he's cast, but its like 6 months until filming, & over a year till its shown. He's bound to be 27 by then.
Meh. It's still a 26 year old portraying him, in much the same way as you're not watching a 60-something-year-old playing Han Solo when you watch Star Wars. Well... you are, but you aren't, y'know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticattack View Post
Meh. It's still a 26 year old portraying him, in much the same way as you're not watching a 60-something-year-old playing Han Solo when you watch Star Wars. Well... you are, but you aren't, y'know?
Depends on his birthday, if he's 27 in 3 months, then its a 27 year old portraying him.

I know this is all semantics, but I'm in one of those moods.

Has anyone seen "The Next Doctor"? Not very clear on what the Wiki says about it.