Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Old Nov 3 '18, 4:30am
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Game Info
I am a 5e beginner, and have only been playing for about one year. I DM in real life, but this will be my first time running a play by post game. I want to run a very basic, beginner friendly game. I know how hard it can be to get started in play by post so I will be giving preference to applicants who aren't already in very many games. I want to keep things simple but am open to suggestions and creative character ideas.
  • I am looking for 4-6 players
  • Allowed sources Published WotC Books. PHB+1 rule.
  • Application deadline November 14th
  • Starting level 1
  • Roll for stats once, point-buy or standard array if rolls are not satisfactory.

Game Description:

HookAfter a few days on the road with your new companions, you are feeling less like a group of rag-tag misfits and more like a team. The merchant caravan train has almost completed its journey with nary a goblin bandit to be seen. Easy money! As your destination looms closer, you and your companions get the feeling that something is not right. Smoke billows on the horizon and as the party approaches, the clang of weaponry can be heard amidst screams and shouting. Still, you press on, a little fight doesn't scare you! Then the smell reaches your nostrils... the rancid stench of burning flesh.

The Dwarven merchant riding the lead caravan lets out a bloodcurdling scream, he whips the horses frantically and turns the caravan around, fleeing. Your courage takes you and a select few of the caravan guard forward to aid the townsfolk. You see various figures running around through the black smoke, some humanoid, some not. Will you take the leap from adventurer to hero?

Last edited by m4cha; Nov 3 '18 at 4:31am..
Late to the party but I'll see what I can come up with. I have a ton of character concepts running in my head. @m4cha are you planning on running the follow-up adventures connected to this one?

Hello!

I would like to apply to this campaign if possible. I have a character concept (young human wizard who has just come out of apprenticeship and eager to adventure!) and will make it as soon as I figure out how to do it here.

I am completely new at pbp and myth weavers, but I have played dnd 5e for about 3 years in a table. Moved recently and with little time so I'm looking to play pbp. I think I'll be able to post at least 2/3 times per day, often more.

Not sure how applications go, hopefully this is enough.

@Enbaros you are welcome to post an application in the application folder! The deadline is tomorrow evening, so you'll have to be quick. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

@Enbaros - to post your application, go to the "Forum" link in the upper left corner of the ad, and you'll find more posts and folders giving information about how to apply and where to put your folder (that's the standard for how things work here on Myth-Weavers - an ad is posted here, then you can go to that particular game's folder for more information and for the application process itself).