Notices

Interest Check: High Level 2nd Edition Adventure

View Poll Results
Which adventure do you want to play?
Axe of the Dwarvish Lords 4 36.36%
Dragon Mountain 3 27.27%
Labyrinth of Madness 4 36.36%

Interest Check: High Level 2nd Edition Adventure

It is that time again. The "itch" has been growing for a while now and finally I can't take it anymore and just....have....to....scratch it. The question, however, is are there enough players out there that would be interested in what I am offering?

Like the title says, I'm looking to run a high powered, high leveled, super deadly AD&D 2nd edition adventure. Each player will get to choose which ruleset that they use to create their character, either the Core set of rules or the Player Option set of rules. Starting level will be determined by two things. One, is which of the three adventures below is selected to be played (please vote above for which adventure you want to play). And two, how many players I can get (I need a minimum of 4, maximum of 8). 4 players will start out at a higher level than 8 players, but the levels should range from 10th-15th.

So what say you? Which of the three following adventures are you interested in? Please note that all three are dangerous and deadly adventures and character death will be a real possibility. Also, for the sake of full disclosure, let it be known that I did start the Dragon Mountain adventure here on MW back in 2017 and ran it for 3 months until personal RL issues forced me to have to leave MW. I was gone for six months and when I came back dabbled in 3.5 and Pathfinder for a time. Now it is time for me to return to my favorite edition of D&D, and Dragon Mountain is one of my favorite adventures of all time, so here we go.

The rediscovery of an artifact forged at the dawn of time signals an age of strife and opportunity!

The dwarven clans are in chaos, and a powerful host of goblins stands poised to sweep over the land in a wave of death and terror. Only the Axe of the Dwarvish Lords - one of the most powerful weapons ever created by the dwarven race - holds the key to ultimate victory against the massing humanoids. Can the PC's brave the labyrinth of an abandoned dwarven stronghold to find the Axe?

A tale that is older than time itself. A place, part-myth, part-imagination, part-truth, that is filled with wondrous treasure and incredible peril. This place could be the top of any adventurer's career, or the end of it. Some of the stories say it overflows with jewels, gold and magical items. Others say it isn't guarded, but still others warn against the incredibly powerful forces that guard the entrance. None of the stories seem to match.

Located at the edge of all that is known, it appears to change where it is located, and sometimes not be there at all. No one is certain when it will come back, or where, but they know they want to be there when it reappears. They want what it can bring them, regardless of the danger. They want Dragon Mountain!

Sinister, twisting images...Horrific nightmares lurking at the corners of the mind...These are descriptions used to tell the tales of the Labyrinth of Madness. But these tales of the labyrinth are only legends, really, nothing more than stories used to frighten children at night - until a mysterious scepter is found, bearing within its crystal head a visage of insanity and terror, and also delivering a message: "Disturb not the Labyrinth of Madness again, and live a while longer."

Now a powerful temple suffers from a tragic curse that is somehow linked to the labyrinth. Does there exist a group of heroes who can penetrate this dark and terrible place to lift the curse...and survive?

@Mindcrime, why you gotta do this to me? Another game with you DM’ing...and, one of THESE?

IN!

I’d go Axe of the Dwarvish Lords. Because dwarves. But I’d come in on any of these you run. Twice on Sundays.

I’m going to exhale now. lol

LOL....thank you @guitarist! I've been fighting this for a few months now. It will be run slightly different from Pool of Radiance, but nothing too drastic.

I know that feeling @Mindcrime I've been close for months. My little hiatus caused a lul but being back and seeing all of these wonderful campaign ideas and making me want to start one!

I've never played 2nd Edition. How different is it from 3.5E or 5E?

There are a lot of differences between 2e and 3.5e (I don't know about 5e). Have no fear though as I am willing to walk you through it step by step.

@Mindcrime I was wondering when you would throw your hat back in the ring. Of course I am interested to get back on that train.

Excellent! @Knight of Holy Wor and @zpolloock thank you for the interest.

@Mindcrime - I would like to throw my hat into this, I have played only a little of 2nd ed but I would love to play.

@Mindcrime I am sure there is enough interest for a normal size party. And all of us would throw in on whichever adventure you run.