Secrets of Sokol Keep - Page 32 - Myth-Weavers

Notices


Secrets of Sokol Keep

   
Eryn Siannodel (Character Sheet) (AL Logsheet)
Lawful Neutral, Male Drow 3rd Level Bladesinger Wizard
HP: 17/17 | HD (d6): 3/3 | Death Saves: [][][] [][][] | AC: 15/17 | Initiative: +3 | PP: 13 | Speed: 30/40 ft.
INT, DC 12, +4
Spellcasting |
L1: 3/4, L2: 2/2
Spell Slots Available |
You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
Arcane Recovery Available:: 1/1
Bladesong Available (per rest): 1/2
Bladesong Active (Round #): -




"GRIM?" Eryn calls, cupping his hand to his mouth. "GRIM? WE'VE COME TO SAVE YOU! ARE YOU HERE?"

He waits for an answer, then looks around in a full sweep of the area, just to make sure they're covered.

Orn Rattek
Neutral Good, Male Hill Dwarf Cleric
HP 21/21 | HD 1/2 (d8) | Death Saves [][][] [][][] | AC
+1 Chain Mail from Blessing of the Forge
19 | Speed 25 ft | PP 13 | Initiative -1
WIS, DC 13, +5
Spellcasting |
L1: 2/3
Spell Slots Available | Channel Divinity 1/1 | Status Normal




Orn gave Shane a sly grin as he climbed out. He was genuinely glad to see the big fellow (relatively) unharmed, but also happy to be able to help him out of a bit of an embarrassing situation, much as Shane had done for him earlier.

Heading into the next chamber, Orn was struck by the brass doors. He went over to examine them and gave the rest of the room a good look as well.

OOC
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 7)
Perception (7)

Alvyn Folkor (Character Sheet) (AL Logsheet)
Neutral Good, Male Rock Gnome 2nd Level Transmutation Wizard
HP: 16/16 | HD: 2/2 | Death Saves: [][][] [][][] | AC: 14 (MA) | Initiative: +1 | PP: 11 | Speed: 25 ft.
INT, DC 13, +5
Spellcasting |
L1: 3/3
Spell Slots Available |
You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
Arcane Recovery: 0/1



Closing the ranks, Alvyn enters the room, scanning for any arcane signs or sigils.

OOC
Dice Roll: 1d20+1z
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 14)
Perception (14)
Dice Roll: 1d20+5z
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 6)
Investigation (6)
Dice Roll: 1d20+5z
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 18)
Arcana (18)

Part 2: Thorn Island and Sokol Keep - The Hidden Temple

No reply comes to Eryn's call, save the howl of an angry wind. A careful inspection of this room reveals nothing out of the ordinary. If it filled a purpose once, it no longer does so.

Moving beyond, the party passes through a tunnel that is familiar to most of them. The smell of water and earth fills their nostrils, recalling the haunting visions they've received while on Sokol Island. As they enter the next chamber, they see the small island with the shrine and a slab altar.

Even from where they stand, the adventurer's smell can smell the rancid blood of the body placed on the altar. Their eyes also catch a shimmering jade idol of a tentacled humanoid with the head of a many-fanged fish. The whole chamber is bathed in a sickly green light which plays off the dark water.

The cobblestone path leading to the small island is drowned beneath brackish water. It leads to a short series of steps and the idol on the far wall. On the platform leading to the small island idol, there are two pillars with the altar in the center between them.

The body on the altar, slumped over the slab facing the idol, is holding a stick or perhaps a wand. Piles of bone and debris litter the ground near the pool. From their vantage point, the party spies a second bloated corpse floating in the water.

The chamber is still, with no sound beyond the sloshing of water and no activity...

Orn Rattek
Neutral Good, Male Hill Dwarf Cleric
HP 21/21 | HD 1/2 (d8) | Death Saves [][][] [][][] | AC
+1 Chain Mail from Blessing of the Forge
19 | Speed 25 ft | PP 13 | Initiative -1
WIS, DC 13, +5
Spellcasting |
L1: 2/3
Spell Slots Available | Channel Divinity 1/1 | Status Normal




The island, the shrine and the altar - just as Orn had envisioned in his waking nightmares! He froze in place and stared, a myriad of emotions crossing his face. After a few moments, Orn sucked in his breath sharply and closed his eyes, shaking his head.

When he opened his eyes, he looked down so as not to have the island in his line of sight. He walked down the cobblestone path to the edge of the water and studied it, looking for traps or anything that might pose a threat. He made sure to keep the island in his peripheral vision, however, where he could ignore it.

OOC
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 9)
Perception (9)


Everan
CG, Male High Elf Wizard 1




Everan shivered again at this evil place. He followed the dwarf to the waters edge and tried to identify the body that was floating in the water.

"The sooner we can leave this place the better!"

(Can he reach the body without getting into the water? If so he will approach it, otherwise he will try to ID from a distance)

Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 19)
Perception (19)

Alvyn Folkor (Character Sheet) (AL Logsheet)
Neutral Good, Male Rock Gnome 2nd Level Transmutation Wizard
HP: 16/16 | HD: 2/2 | Death Saves: [][][] [][][] | AC: 14 (MA) | Initiative: +1 | PP: 11 | Speed: 25 ft.
INT, DC 13, +5
Spellcasting |
L1: 3/3
Spell Slots Available |
You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
Arcane Recovery: 0/1



Keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary, Alvyn looks through the eyes of Hugin and does a sweep of the room

OOC
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 10)
Perception (raven) (10)

Shane Dorobo (Character Sheet)
Chaotic Good, Human 1st Level Barbarian
HP: 14/14 | HD: 0/1 | Death Saves: [][][] [][][] | AC: 16 | Initiative: +2 | PP: 13 | Speed: 30 ft.


This is not enough people. The guards must have gone somewhere else. I don't think we could have missed them. Is there another room? Shane holds his polearm, frantic suddenly that they have reached the bottom with nothing to show.

Part 2: Thorn Island and Sokol Keep - The Hidden Temple

Orn and Everan navigate the stairs, which are slick with mud. Everan crests them with ease, but the dwarf slips and slides, finally falling against the altar. He comes face to face with the body of a young human, a knife in his back.

Despite this setback, Orn immediately notes that this body was not a proper sacrifice. Whoever this young man was, he was attacked from behind and left to die on the altar. At the sametime, Everan approaches the water. He notices the body floating there is dressed in the uniform of a Black Fist - he must be one of the guards they were looking for.

Meanwhile, Alvyn casts his raven's gaze around the room. He discovers that, to the left of the tunnel, there was a large metal door. One would only have to follow the bend of the nearby wall forty feet and they'd be there.

The door, however, would have to wait. The jade idol on the island burst with a flash of its sickly green light. The room hummed for a moment, then all Hell's broke loose: the corpse in the water turned with sudden alacrity as it launched itself towards Everan, just as the dead man on the alter suddenly rose and dived after Orn's brains. All around the altar, from the piles of bone and debris, arose four shambling skeletons armed with rusted short swords and the gleam of jade light in their eyes. The skeletons began to approach Orn and Everan with deadly purpose...

OOC & Actions
Orn DEX (Acrobatics) Check:
Dice Roll:
1d20-1
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 9)
Everan DEX (Acrobatics) Check:
Dice Roll:
1d20+5
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 15)

Response to the undead apocalypse then roll Initiative please!

EDIT: For clarity, there are six opponents: two zombies and four skeletons. Here's a map for rough positions:




Everan
CG, Male High Elf Wizard 1




Everan lurched back as the corpse sprung to life

"Nine Hells! Why did I ever agree to come here?"

He readied to fight for his life.

Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 9)
Init (9)








Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Last Database Backup 2019-03-18 09:00:08am local time
Myth-Weavers Status