De Indole (OOC) - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

De Indole (OOC)

- Your character speaks two kinds of French?
- Your character's item confuses me - I do not understand what the MC bonus is (what is MC?). I'm also baffled that you do not give it more uses per day - it would be a good way to make the best of your lab total.
It is unusual for an outdoor magus not to have athletics at all. That increases botch chances
- It is unusual for a character to have neither story nor personality flaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahasamatman View Post
So... people want to **** her rituals?
She conjures a robe - the neckline is low.
She conjures a stallion - it is well equipped.
She conjures a voice in your head - it sounds hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gris View Post
- Your character speaks two kinds of French?
- Your character's item confuses me - I do not understand what the MC bonus is (what is MC?). I'm also baffled that you do not give it more uses per day - it would be a good way to make the best of your lab total.
It is unusual for an outdoor magus not to have athletics at all. That increases botch chances
- It is unusual for a character to have neither story nor personality flaws
1. Yep. It is not uncommon for someone who speaks one language to know words/clips/phrases in another language similar to their native one.

2. MC = Meta Creator. And uses per day...I wanted to give it more, but when I jack that up it ends up taking more than 1 season to finish. While I have a sick lab total, the effect would be too high and spill into a second season for creation. Besides, I just wanted something I thought was cool AND give him the ability from time-to-time to help out the agricultural aspect of the Covenant. I highly doubt he'll be calling rainstorms more than twice per day. Perhaps when we get to him throwing lightning bolts from it...

3. He's not an outdoor magus, but a weather magus. Being skilled in Auram does not necessarily translate to being skilled in Athletics. He's a meteorologist, not doing Parkour.

4. Unusual, but not barred. And keep in mind that due to there being no current rotating GM chair in this game, I didn't want to give him a bunch of story hooks that everyone else might get swept up in. He's more an NPC than a PC, and I wanted to keep him in the background (ish) for the time being. Put the spotlight on you guys, not on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahasamatman View Post
So... people want to **** her rituals?
PG13 Warning. I don't want the admins/mods coming in here and getting all itchy, so please watch the language filter.

The Lion and the Lily, p. 143 has rules for different French dialects, including Anglo-Norman.

You get a +5 for using Metacreator?

Quote:
The Lion and the Lily, p. 143 has rules for different French dialects, including Anglo-Norman.

You get a +5 for using Metacreator?
No. There is a +5 bonus coming from somewhere, and Meta Creator isn't specifying where it's coming from. I have the character, the lab, and the covenant all linked inside MC, and I trust the math that it's showing me. However, without specifying what the +5 is for, all I can show in my math in the character is that I'm getting a +5 bonus but don't know where it's coming from. I'm trying to be as transparent as possible so people don't think I'm just handing stuff to my magus cuz I'm the GM, you know?

Never seen anything like it in over 20 years of Ars magica - you're sure it's not the plus 5 from the aura or the +5 from the focus?
You could create the thing without the +5 anyway, since the item has a lvl 26 effect and you have a lab total of 56. You could reduce uses to one per day for a lvl25 effect and then yout reduced lab total of 51 would make your work succeed.

Alternatively, you could reinvest those 5xp for French (since the rules in tL&tL say you underdstand it anyway) in Creo, plus put one more of your exposure xp from lab improvement in Creo to raise it to 6 and you could even keep your second use per day (lab total 52, effect lvl 26).

But as you say, you're the GM

Quote:
Never seen anything like it in over 20 years of Ars magica - you're sure it's not the plus 5 from the aura or the +5 from the focus?
You could create the thing without the +5 anyway, since the item has a lvl 26 effect and you have a lab total of 56. You could reduce uses to one per day for a lvl25 effect and then yout reduced lab total of 51 would make your work succeed.

Alternatively, you could reinvest those 5xp for French (since the rules in tL&tL say you underdstand it anyway) in Creo, plus put one more of your exposure xp from lab improvement in Creo to raise it to 6 and you could even keep your second use per day (lab total 52, effect lvl 26).

But as you say, you're the GM
It's possible that the +5 is from focus...or the fact that the effect is being instilled in my talisman...or any other host of things. I wish Meta Creator was telling me what it's from so I knew. As you pointed out, the lab total is high enough that without that particular bonus I can still get this done in 1 season, so it's kind of a moot point. If it were closer than this, I'd be hesitant to trust the math and find a different way to do this.

And I'll stick with the French instead of jacking Creo. At this point, 5 XP isn't going to make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, even if it would make Creo a 6. +1 to any lab total, even the Longevity Ritual, isn't worth reworking several items for half a season's worth of XP, you know?