Class kit - Myth-Weavers

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Class kit

Class kit

Ok so I've been given the option to use any 3.5 race including tha dragon magazine ones and I'm wondering what race would go best for a cleric

Shifted thread to Gaming Discussion.

If you want an intelligible answer that doesn't take several pages of explanation, defined assumptions, and caveats, you'll need to provide more details.

What kind of cleric?
What kind of game?
What level?
Other available material limitations (or lack thereof)?
etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedronai View Post
If you want an intelligible answer that doesn't take several pages of explanation, defined assumptions, and caveats, you'll need to provide more details.

What kind of cleric?
What kind of game?
What level?
Other available material limitations (or lack thereof)?
etc
Long game with various enemies and environmental traps and the exact cleric can be varied and we would be lv 1 and I was told I can pull from any of the 3.5 books but would like to stay away from any major lv adjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
Human.

Job done.
This is the right answer. Or dwarf.

Well, OK, or Anthropomorphic Bat, but that's 3.0 so not available if you literally are only limited to 3.5.

But really it depends what you're going for. Human is a very solid race that won't see you wrong. Otherwise basically anything with a Wis bonus is great, but Wis bonuses are rare on +0 LA races (if you're allowed the "Lesser" Aasimar variant suggested in the Player's Guide to Faerun, that's a very strong contender).

But you really need more information than just "long game with various enemies" - what kind of character are you actually trying to create? Why Cleric? Do you have any ideas already? If not, then looking through the races can maybe give you some inspiration, but if you pick a race purely for its mechanical benefits you might find yourself struggling to fit that character into a lot of games.