The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, Part 1 - Page 14 - Myth-Weavers


The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, Part 1

   
Coral
Neutral Female Water Genasi Monk 1
HP: 9/11 | HD: 0/1 (d8) | AC: 15 | Initiative: +2 | PP: 15 | Speed: 30 ft, Swim 30ft
Status: Normal, torch in off hand | Renown Reward: Potion of Healing (used) | DM Inspiration: 1




Coral stepped into the first room and looked around. It was a mess, but not as nasty as the kitchen. She didn't see anything of interest, so she followed Gil over to the room across the hall.

The other room was in a similar state of disarray, but she noticed the mouse bones near the hearth, just as Gil had. "Yeah, I'm not looking up the chimney. I may not have learned from the first time, but I darn well did from the second! If anyone else wants to see what beasties are living up there, by my guest!"

The loose stone in the chimney kept drawing her eye, however. "You know, I bet if someone were to move that stone, there might be something hidden behind it." She looked over at Gil. "Gil, ol' buddy, you got that magicky floating hand thingy, right? You could probably pull that stone out from a safe distance!" she added.

OOC
Dice Roll: 1d20+5z
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 18)
Perception (18)

Gilbert "Gil" McFinn
NG, Male Triton Sorcerer 1


The spectral hand gives Coral a thumb's up and floats across the room. It grabs the brick and wiggles it, seeing if it can remove the brick from the chimney.

WITHDRAWING ROOM
Haunted house, late evening | bright lighting (torch light until 22:00)

What is it with this place! As soon as Gilber's mage hand fishes out the loose stone, a swarm of spiders flood forth from the crevices of the chimney with obvious irritation! They carpet the floor and attack the party! Chansue knocks Ngaru aside as she flees the haunted house!

On the plus side, moving the stone revealed a hidden compartment! In that compartment sits a small wooden box.


OOCLink to map

Initiative!
Dice Roll: 1d20+1z
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 8)
Swarm of Spiders (8)
Dice Roll: 1d20+2z
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 13)
Coral (13)
Dice Roll: 1d20+2z
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 6)
Gilbert (6)
Dice Roll: 1d20+1z
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 13)
Ngaru (13)
Dice Roll: 1d20+2z
d20 Results: 18 (Total = 20)
Vargas (20)
Dice Roll: 1d20+1z
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 14)
Ngaru's disadvantage roll (14) No change. He goes on init 13.

Vargas, Coral, and Ngaru are up first.

NOTE: When fighting a swarm, roll attacks and damage normally. Reducing the swarm's hit points will reduce the damage it can cause. Reducing it to zero hit points will disburse the swarm, effectively ending this encounter. Or you can run out like scaredy-cats.

I've removed Chansue from the game since MissA has been gone for some time. I'll see about getting a replacement.
Realm Clock: ~21:04 Tarsakh 15


Ngaru
Male Tortle Barbarian 1st
AC 19 | HP 15/15 | Init +1 | Speed 30' | Perception +4 | Conditions: Scared
Rages: 2
Log




With the spiders crawling all over them Ngaru's skin darkens to the colour of a storm-tossed sea, as he wades into the massive heap of spiders. His claws and cutlass slashing every which way, his shield slung on his back. he moves forward purposefully to be the centre of the swarm's attention.

ooc, mechanics
Move to be the most available target of the swarm.
Bonus action: Rage
(no shield AC: 17 now)
Action:
Dice Roll: 1d20+5tz
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 16)
Sum Total: 16
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+5
Original Dice: 1d20+5
Attack: Cutlass vs Swarm (16)
Dice Roll: 1d8+5tz
d8 Results: 4 (Total = 9)
Sum Total: 9
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d8+5
Original Dice: 1d8+5
Damage (slashing) (9)



Coral
Neutral Female Water Genasi Monk 1
HP: 9/11 | HD: 0/1 (d8) | AC: 15 | Initiative: +2 | PP: 15 | Speed: 30 ft, Swim 30ft
Status: Normal, torch in off hand | Renown Reward: Potion of Healing (used) | DM Inspiration: 1




"Spiders! Ack!" yelled Coral with disgust as they came teeming out of the chimney. "What is it with the place? Like what the ..." she trailed off before violating any site policies.

She pulled out a dart, and paused momentarily as she pondered the futility of attacking a swarm of spiders with a dart. She shrugged, not knowing what else to do, and hoped she could pin one of the nasty things to the floor with it.

OOCAction: Attack with dart -
Dice Roll: 1d20+4z
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 14)
Attack (14) for
Dice Roll: 1d4+2z
d4 Results: 4 (Total = 6)
Piercing Damage (6)
Movement: Back 5 ft into corner

Gilbert "Gil" McFinn
NG, Male Triton Sorcerer 1


From the distance Gil was standing, back near the door, it just looked like a black carpet at first. As they drew closer, however, he could see the spiders for what they were -- a lot of angry fish food.

Shrugging, he released a fire bolt into the swarm.

Dice Roll: 1d20+5z
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 21)
FB (21) for
Dice Roll: 1d10z
d10 Results: 2
Fire damage (2)







 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Last Database Backup 2019-08-21 09:00:05am local time
Myth-Weavers Status