The General School/Work Thread - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The General School/Work Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticattack
No school, no job... My only committments are to my players/DM's.

I'm looking for a job, though...
Have you completed any kind of higher education such as college? I am sure you will be able to get a job easily enough if so... What would you like to do?

Quote:
Have you completed any kind of higher education such as college?
Didn't even get my year 10 certificate. High school dropout.

I have Certificate II in Information Technology, from a TAFE course. I was halfway through Cert. III, with all intentions of going onto 5, which is a uni degree, but... well, basically the miserable excuse for a teacher they gave us was so utterly inept that we all started bailing. From a starting group of 16 people, not one finished the 6-month course. And I wasn't willing to subject myself to that for another six months, the next closest place is a forty-five minute drive away, at night, and I don't have a license. So, until I find a job that doesn't involve manual labour, I sit on my arse and do housework and cooking for my folks.

Yeah, I know. I'm bitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdal
Who here still goes to school? *raises hand sheepishly* Who still enjoys school? *crickets chirp*

How about work? Where do most of you people work? I'll admit, I'm unemployed, which is weird for a senior in HS... I was thinking of working at the local coney island express, but I don't think I'll even bother to apply... it's not a very handsome avenue of work.

Let's face it... some commitments, we aren't too fond of... what such commitments do you have?
I still go to school. I am graduating in June and then off to college. I also work. I take pictures occasionally, and I do some data entry work for one of the local professors.

I finished as valedictorean in my high school, which gave me a nice jump into my university of choice.

I'm currently a hair away from getting a practicant job at a law firm!!

I teach full time at a community college. It is a great gig.

Im going to school to "try" and become a doctor, namely a pediatrician. I think anyways, that’s my goal, but I might try and go for something else… Still not completely sure, but medicine IS the major..

Woo!

I am Junior in college at South Eastern in Wake Forest. I enjoy is so much. I actully get to study things that I like.

I also work on computers on Mondays and Fridays.

just finishing up my senior year of high school. I work at a summer camp, which i thouroghly enjoy, called camp oljato, but whatever. Anyway I enjoy school, and i get to see a decent amount of people from this forum at least once a week

Am in school - over-ripe junior with a double major in philosophy and American Studies (emphases in English, philosophy and Anthropology) and a linguistics minor. I love school very much. Even at it's worst I love it.

I also work. I am the quality assurance technician for a substance abuse rehab center - essentially I make sure we keep our license from year to year and study the state rules and regulations for treatment. I am one of the lucky few who love their job. I couldn't ask for something better. I have no direct supervision (which I am sure to not abuse), the respect of my peers despite not yet having a degree, and set my own hours. I also have an underling Exciting times, for a 22 year old.

For some reason unknown to me, I'm also applying for a postion in school leadership. There's a position I've been encouraged to apply for by the guy who makes the decisions about hiring and it would keep me in touch with what I'm "trained" for, which is work in the newspaper industry. We'll see