Discord Server Recommendations/Requests - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Discord Server Recommendations/Requests

You can always ask someone there to jump in a channel and do a comm check. Most of the extra work falls on Colin during verification...teeheehee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
I'm not sure how many voice channels we can have, but I'm wondering if we might get a few more people interested in jumping onto them if we did a few game specific rooms?

Perhaps a DnD voice, World of Darkness, Starwars... Whatever is going to be a very general topic for discussion. The times that I've dropped in on the channel, I haven't seen any of the voice channels in use.

Granted, I'm on at weird times, and this is still very new, so that might be extra work for no pay off, but just my two cents!
We have an entire scheduling system dedicated to this exact purpose if people want to use the Discord to run games. Setting up a new voice channel takes all of two minutes, so it wouldn't be a problem at all.

Just Direct Message a mod on the Discord server to reserve a time and date.

I suppose my meaning was a bit lost in the translation. I'm not talking directly about setting up a gaming session-- I'm more interested in just general chat with fellow weavers. For a community our size and with the number of sign ups already on the channel, I guess I just expected more people to be in the voice chat rooms. The suggestion was more to draw people into a room with like minded people to just verbally hang out with, not to specifically run a game.

Ah I see! In that case, I think it's just a matter of asking around to see if anyone is willing to jump into a voice chat with you. We technically could schedule such discussions, but that would require someone to organize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
I suppose my meaning was a bit lost in the translation. I'm not talking directly about setting up a gaming session-- I'm more interested in just general chat with fellow weavers. For a community our size and with the number of sign ups already on the channel, I guess I just expected more people to be in the voice chat rooms. The suggestion was more to draw people into a room with like minded people to just verbally hang out with, not to specifically run a game.
I will jump in and chew the fat with anyone.

I'd like a test channel for discussing Apocalypse World/Powered by the Apocalypse world, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
I'd like a test channel for discussing Apocalypse World/Powered by the Apocalypse world, please.
I'd like to echo this motion. They're a rather prominent part of contemporary RPG design these days, and a place to discuss them would be fantastic. Probably with the channel name #PbtA.

Any thoughts on a discord bot that could generate a room? Not an entire dungeon all at once, but each command you put into the channel dumps out one described and stocked room?

Ok, here is another idea:

Is there a way to set up a MW game as a Template? Ex. I set up all my subforums and threads and prefixes and then save that as a template so whenever I start a new game I can click my template and poof everything is set up.

Can we have a channel just for spoilers? I'd like to be able to discuss new media without having to worry about who has seen what, and a channel that explicitly allows all spoilers would be a fun thing to have.