Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones - Page 153 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones

Hello to all of the old school D&D players out there! I'm new to Myth Weavers and it has been a while since I dusted off my gaming skills, but I'm excited to get back into the swing of it. I'm glad to see there are so many folks on here that still use stuff I'm familiar with.

My playing days (part 1) ended just as 2E came out - though I remember filling out some long TSR survey for how the upcoming 2E could improve on 1E. Looks like I may be tracking down the 2E rulebooks my younger brother used and dusting them off for some beholder hunting!

Hey,

Just a quick post to show my interest in any future modules being run that use the older versions of D&D. Whether 1st edition, 2nd edition, or the 'original' version. The huge pile of manuals and modules that sat idle in my attic for too long, now sit proudly on a living room shelf and are eager to be read once again!

Cheers,
Ice Hound Of Doom

Welcome both of you. The first post will direct you to our wiki. I encourage you to sign up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
We currently have 163 Old School Players on the list!

I have occasionally looked at the players of Freeform thread and thought it would be cool for old school D&D players to have a similar gathering place.

My experience has been that old school games can often have difficulty finding players. There just aren't that many of us. So an ad can go a couple weeks without any interest and then have 10 apps in two days.

My hope is that players interested in these systems will post their name, whether or not they would be interested in being contacted by potential DMs that may be struggling to fill games and what systems they prefer. There may be a few of you old schoolers out there that have mixed feelings about me, I would still encourage you to post your interest here for the betterment of the Old School Renaissance. I will ad members to a list in this post as you come in.

Systems I consider Old School:

Original Dungeons & Dragons: The three little brown books, with or without supplements and clones; Sword and Wizardry comes to mind.

Classic Dungeons & Dragons: Holmes Basic D&D, Moldvay\Cook Basic\Expert D&D, Mentzer BECMI D&D, The D&D Rules Cyclopedia, and clones (Labyrinth Lord, Basic Fantasy, Dark Dungeons there are more.)

Gygax AD&D (1st Edition, 1E) and clones (OSRIC, LL - AEC, Adventures Dark and Deep, others?)

AD&D Second Edition and clones (For Gold and Glory, others?)

Players List
As of 2/28/15, the list is too big to fit in a table in a thread. So it's been moved to the Myth-Wiki!

Older D&D Players List
how to you find the myth wiki those two buttons at the top right one says something like 1 player the other says 2 players leads to an ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excior View Post
how to you find the myth wiki those two buttons at the top right one says something like 1 player the other says 2 players leads to an ad

well its not working when I press the fracking button!

Follow this link: Older D&D Players List

Then click the edit tab (top row, third tab to the right from the Myth-Wiki icon).