Emperor Palpatine Saga Edition Stats - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Emperor Palpatine Saga Edition Stats

I'm right there with you. Saga Edition is my favorite iteration of the d20 system, and I do enjoy seeing it played.

With that in mind, here are some things to use, just additional mechanics to make him a bit more threatening as a master of the dark side of the force:

Master of the Dark Side: Once per round, Emperor Palpatine can use a non-[light side] Force Power as a free action without expending it. Alternatively, he can instead maintain the use of any Force Power that requires concentration - this requires another Use the Force check as usual.

Improved Temptation: The target of Emperor Palpatine's Temptation feature takes a -5 to all Defenses until the end of his next turn. Temptation can be used as a move action instead of a standard.

Dark Vitality: Emperor Palpatine is empowered by dark side energies, making his frail body unusually tough. He gains a +10 to his damage threshold, and cannot move more than 1 point down the condition track every round.

The Power of the Dark Side: Emperor Palpatine gains use of all [dark side] powers. Once per encounter as a swift action, Emperor Palpatine may choose any single non-[light side] Force Power and add it to his Force Powers for that encounter.

Unlimited Power: Once per encounter as a free action, Emperor Palpatine may consider the result of any Use the Force roll he makes as a 20. This can be done after the dice have rolled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actana View Post
I'm right there with you. Saga Edition is my favorite iteration of the d20 system, and I do enjoy seeing it played.

With that in mind, here are some things to use, just additional mechanics to make him a bit more threatening as a master of the dark side of the force:

Master of the Dark Side: Once per round, Emperor Palpatine can use a non-[light side] Force Power as a free action without expending it. Alternatively, he can instead maintain the use of any Force Power that requires concentration - this requires another Use the Force check as usual.

Improved Temptation: The target of Emperor Palpatine's Temptation feature takes a -5 to all Defenses until the end of his next turn. Temptation can be used as a move action instead of a standard.

Dark Vitality: Emperor Palpatine is empowered by dark side energies, making his frail body unusually tough. He gains a +10 to his damage threshold, and cannot move more than 1 point down the condition track every round.

The Power of the Dark Side: Emperor Palpatine gains use of all [dark side] powers. Once per encounter as a swift action, Emperor Palpatine may choose any single non-[light side] Force Power and add it to his Force Powers for that encounter.

Unlimited Power: Once per encounter as a free action, Emperor Palpatine may consider the result of any Use the Force roll he makes as a 20. This can be done after the dice have rolled.
Those are kind of cool. They kind of remind me of 5E D&D Legendary Actions.

There was also some rules for lvl 20/epic characters I remember reading a while back, that I liked, that gave lvl 20's a daily allotment of Force Points and a week (or month) use of a Destiny Point.

Huh, I wonder what Dark Vitality was meant to counter. .

Also, that’s all great ideas!